This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nguyen Ken View Post
    under playerpawntest, if you check the show inherited variables, there you be a TribeName variable that you can get
    I saw the variable but never actually plan to use it yet
    Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see that and it works perfect.
    Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

Total Conversion - Double Derived pattern ( or whatever you call it )

PlayerPawnTestBase <|- PlayerPawnTest <|- PlayerPawnTest_Female_Base <|-PlayerPawnTest_Female

Wildcard edit the Base classes
      TC Modders, inc Wildcard(SOTF) edit the non-base classes

Some way to know when compatibility was broken.

Comment

Live updates with Dev kit updates paired - my players currently rage on me cause my TC mod disables the new Dino and items

Comment

Ability to read the items in an inventory (such as a campfire or standing torch) and also what item is currently being processed.

Comment

ability to grab data from the server and save data to file

IE grab death info that the server shows and save it to text file

Also ability to push strings and such to RCON as well as gran info from RCON connections

Comment

I'm going to compile your ideas into a single file and give it to the devs

keep suggesting new features, i'll try to send them a list once every two weeks.

Comment

Blueprint requests:

-In "StructureBaseBP" or in the C++ class "PrimalStructure.h/.cpp" please expose the Transform->Mobility value to blueprint. I know it's not natively exposed, but it would be nice to stop a structure from following the camera when its in the preview phase of placement.
                -Expose "Structure To Build" in Primal Item Structure Generic to blueprints. My intent is to allow the player to change which structure they are currently placing without going into their inventory, or even leaving the 'preview phase' of structure placement.

However if someone knows of some existing method of doing either of those please let me know! Thanks.
                Last edited by rob422lou; 08-27-2015, 02:36 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Ditsov View Post
                  I'm going to compile your ideas into a single file and give it to the devs

keep suggesting new features, i'll try to send them a list once every two weeks.
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-impact-for-us

Comment

i'll post them for the next features request

Devs are quite busy so i can't and don't want to bother them everyday asking for features. that's why i'm choosing the weekly / biweekly pace for sending the list.

Comment

Hi ditsov,

I have been keeping my own list, would appreciate if you could communicate it to the devs:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rk-as-expected

I will continue to maintain it as I am very active in the forums and on IRC
                      Check out my current development at https://lattasoft.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaranra
                        If we are listing what we would like added... Maybe the ability to increase the gender beyond 2 or some way to add other races, (i.e. make available more that 2 playerpawns...). I would like for when the player is setting up their character they can choose between human, neanderthal, or dinoman... and these species have slightly different base stats... But I am sure there is some sort of work around to get this to work.
                        That was included in the list. i'm also interested in having more gender definitions to make a class / race system easier.

Comment

Another thing that would be nice is that besides allowing different color pallets for each gender of a dino, like they do now, give the option to have two different models... It would be nice to have some sexual dimorphism. Maybe even allow different stats if you want to get real crazy.

But it would probably be easier to create two different character_BP if you can get them to mate boost to each other...

Anywho... Some soft of sexual dimorphism beyond color (at least models) would be nice...

Comment

It would be nice if we could get the web browser UMG widget from the later version of UE brought into the ADK if possible. I would like to build a TV/computer mod

Comment

I think we can't use any dynamic/skeletal meshes for weapons or projectile it seems. I wanted to throw dodos at people :'(. (like having an animated weapon or projectile (here a live dodo))
                              Last edited by Pejman; 08-29-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I would like better tribe support in blueprints.
                                The ability to set the tribe of structures and dinos spawned via a blueprint.
                                The ability to get the tribe of structures/dinos in the world via blueprint.
                                Let us tap into the same system they use for determining tribe access to things, based on the governance options.

It would also be nice if activatable structures received an activation event instead of having to setup inefficient timers and monitor bContainerActivated.

This one is probably a pipe dream as I am not sure it would be feasible, but I would love being able to set a volume as underwater or not.

These are the main things I have encountered so far that are preventing me from doing what I have in mind for my mod. I will post any further things I run into. It would be fantastic if we could get the additional functionality listed in this thread while the mod contest is going on as we will definately see far more interesting mods as a result.

Comment

Working...
                                X