This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Please add a way to configure uploads so when a file gets corrupted we can repair it and we do not lose all access to updating our mods on the steam workshop forcing us to recreate a new one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Huston850 View Post
    Found your issue. Give this a shot: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Boost_Compile_Times

8 cores aren't utilized by default, and AMD's single core performance sucks.
    That seems to be related to the actual building of the engine and not compiling/cooking things within the engine once it's loaded.

Anyway, is that claim of 8 cores not being used by default pertaining to AMD specifically? Back when I was using a HT'ed i7 920, shader compiling and cooking utilised all threads correctly, and my two X5690's use all 24 threads during these tasks and nothing was changed to exhibit this behaviour, the DevKit does it by default.

Do AMD CPU's not function correctly in this regard?

-WM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fjb View Post
    amd
    Found your issue. Give this a shot: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Boost_Compile_Times

8 cores aren't utilized by default, and AMD's single core performance sucks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sicco0803 View Post
    Cooking has nothing to do with optimization, it depend on your PC, the same as rendering a video or a 3D model.
    8 core amd with 16 gigs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A dynamic cast. rather than the static ones. where you can pass a variable, and a class and it returns a casted copy of that vairable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
    Never going to happen. The core code-base changes between .5 and .9(and this goes for any engine really, later than 4.7) alone are too great to be futzing around with an already working engine and a game that is used by hundreds of thousands of people. They have an entirely custom engine and they pull features they want or changes/fixes they need from newer engines, no need to deviate.

This is already a thing? Either directly or workable, I'm pretty sure there's two means of determining this.

Also not going to happen. The core of ARK is done entirely in C++... you can't just turn C++ into graphs either literally or ethically due to the inherent performance/optimisation gains from working largely in native code and some things just can't be done in Blueprint. The best you're going to get is when they decide to do new mechanics/features in blueprint, which they started doing a couple of months back.

-WM

i'll elaborate a little bit on what i meant for each one...

the first, yes it's a custom dev kit, which means more updated features can be added from newer engine versions...

the second, i have looked for weeks and short of creating my own xp variable i have not been able to locate one, if you know where it is located can you please share that with me as it is a critical function in my ui mod...

the third, i meant exposing more of the core variables to be "blueprint callable", they are already exposed in the "defaults" section of bps but being able to call them even if they are read only would increase everyones modding capabilities.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lifefire View Post
    1. Update the dev kit engine to at least UE 4.9. (Latest engine would be ideal)
    Never going to happen. The core code-base changes between .5 and .9(and this goes for any engine really, later than 4.7) alone are too great to be futzing around with an already working engine and a game that is used by hundreds of thousands of people. They have an entirely custom engine and they pull features they want or changes/fixes they need from newer engines, no need to deviate.

2. Variable for xp "needed to level up".
    This is already a thing? Either directly or workable, I'm pretty sure there's two means of determining this.

3. Expose more code in graphs for the default core blueprints.
    Also not going to happen. The core of ARK is done entirely in C++... you can't just turn C++ into graphs either literally or ethically due to the inherent performance/optimisation gains from working largely in native code and some things just can't be done in Blueprint. The best you're going to get is when they decide to do new mechanics/features in blueprint, which they started doing a couple of months back.

-WM
    Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 10-06-2016, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1.) A node that adds $100 to my bank account every time its called.

(since we are doing completely unrealistic things)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Update the dev kit engine to at least UE 4.9. (Latest engine would be ideal)
    2. Variable for xp "needed to level up".
    3. Expose more code in graphs for the default core blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. the source again ... so modders can actually see what they are breaking internally (error in XXXX.cpp(601))
    2. Global Reflections to resolve the reflection issue with "only display reflections with whats in camera view"

i heart your face for them!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Add an enumerated list in the properties of items that we can use to add Engrams to the items. This would be useful for creating workshops, and ideally would work like the Engram Blueprint Classes property in the PGD bp.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cooking has nothing to do with optimization, it depend on your PC, the same as rendering a video or a 3D model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fjb View Post
    faster cooking procedure. it takes ages to cook even a small mod.
    Probably not gonna happen soon, this is optimaztion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in the SOTF devkit can we get Evo Events exposed so we can make custom EVO events?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    faster cooking procedure. it takes ages to cook even a small mod.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X