Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you add the ability for Total Conversions to stack their "Additional Engram Blueprint Classes", "Additional Structures to Place", etc with other normal mods that use these fields in "PrimalGameData_BP" too? Normal mods seem to stack these fields together just fine with each other, but Total Conversions that use these fields just seem get overwritten by any normal mod that uses these fields, making any additional engrams from the Total Conversion not show up in game. I could add the new engrams to the "Engram Blueprint Classes" list, but that defeats the purpose of using the "Additional Engram Blueprint Classes" because the new Scorched Earth Engrams will not show up in game if you edit the "Engram Blueprint Classes" list, which I do not want to happen.

Comment

So i viewed the spreadsheet and the last entry was in March... by Complexminded... Lol, it appears very little to non of the request ever got implemented. The biggest issue i see is new modders asking questions that could easily be remedied with some decent tool tips within the devkit, just actually add real descriptions to the tool tips... i learned a long time ago asking for features is a waste of time but what the hell, tool tips does not required a contracted programmer to type up, i am sure one of the staff at the actual studio could spend some time doing it.
      DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

faster cooking procedure. it takes ages to cook even a small mod.

Comment

in the SOTF devkit can we get Evo Events exposed so we can make custom EVO events?
          My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by fjb View Post
            faster cooking procedure. it takes ages to cook even a small mod.
            Probably not gonna happen soon, this is optimaztion

Comment

Cooking has nothing to do with optimization, it depend on your PC, the same as rendering a video or a 3D model.

Comment

Add an enumerated list in the properties of items that we can use to add Engrams to the items. This would be useful for creating workshops, and ideally would work like the Engram Blueprint Classes property in the PGD bp.

Comment

1. the source again ... so modders can actually see what they are breaking internally (error in XXXX.cpp(601))
                  2. Global Reflections to resolve the reflection issue with "only display reflections with whats in camera view"

i heart your face for them!
                  Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                  Dallas, TX USA
                  https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

1. Update the dev kit engine to at least UE 4.9. (Latest engine would be ideal)
                    2. Variable for xp "needed to level up".
                    3. Expose more code in graphs for the default core blueprints.

Comment

1.) A node that adds $100 to my bank account every time its called.

(since we are doing completely unrealistic things)

Comment

Originally posted by Lifefire View Post
                        1. Update the dev kit engine to at least UE 4.9. (Latest engine would be ideal)
                        Never going to happen. The core code-base changes between .5 and .9(and this goes for any engine really, later than 4.7) alone are too great to be futzing around with an already working engine and a game that is used by hundreds of thousands of people. They have an entirely custom engine and they pull features they want or changes/fixes they need from newer engines, no need to deviate.

2. Variable for xp "needed to level up".
                        This is already a thing? Either directly or workable, I'm pretty sure there's two means of determining this.

3. Expose more code in graphs for the default core blueprints.
                        Also not going to happen. The core of ARK is done entirely in C++... you can't just turn C++ into graphs either literally or ethically due to the inherent performance/optimisation gains from working largely in native code and some things just can't be done in Blueprint. The best you're going to get is when they decide to do new mechanics/features in blueprint, which they started doing a couple of months back.

-WM
                        Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 10-06-2016, 08:04 PM.
                        Workshop: My Workshop
                        ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
                          Never going to happen. The core code-base changes between .5 and .9(and this goes for any engine really, later than 4.7) alone are too great to be futzing around with an already working engine and a game that is used by hundreds of thousands of people. They have an entirely custom engine and they pull features they want or changes/fixes they need from newer engines, no need to deviate.

This is already a thing? Either directly or workable, I'm pretty sure there's two means of determining this.

Also not going to happen. The core of ARK is done entirely in C++... you can't just turn C++ into graphs either literally or ethically due to the inherent performance/optimisation gains from working largely in native code and some things just can't be done in Blueprint. The best you're going to get is when they decide to do new mechanics/features in blueprint, which they started doing a couple of months back.

-WM

i'll elaborate a little bit on what i meant for each one...

the first, yes it's a custom dev kit, which means more updated features can be added from newer engine versions...

the second, i have looked for weeks and short of creating my own xp variable i have not been able to locate one, if you know where it is located can you please share that with me as it is a critical function in my ui mod...

the third, i meant exposing more of the core variables to be "blueprint callable", they are already exposed in the "defaults" section of bps but being able to call them even if they are read only would increase everyones modding capabilities.

Comment

A dynamic cast. rather than the static ones. where you can pass a variable, and a class and it returns a casted copy of that vairable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicco0803 View Post
                              Cooking has nothing to do with optimization, it depend on your PC, the same as rendering a video or a 3D model.
                              8 core amd with 16 gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by fjb View Post
                                amd
                                Found your issue. Give this a shot: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Boost_Compile_Times

8 cores aren't utilized by default, and AMD's single core performance sucks.
                                I will finish this mod.

Alchemy (A Full Blown Skill)

Comment

Working...
                                X