This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not sure if this fit on here, but i feel we lack a massive amount of support, and it really applies for when people are stuck I see so many unanswered questions, can we not get a dev or someone to come on every 1-3 days sweep these forums and help people with what they are stuck with / give guidance / advice?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. A request that is equal parts toward the editor and the game itself: add some way to introduce structure-based recipes without them having to be learned through the engram list or being set to craft automatically (where the recipe is invisible).

2. A small problem, but the "additional structure engrams" list is a bit redundant since editing the inventory defaults for the structure and adding things to that list causes recipes to appear twice. Why not have the "additional" list instead do the suggestion above? Engrams that are visible without the player having to learn them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i want the option to modify the ingame messages like the level up message or when items are added to the inventory,its easier for me and the other people of the translation community because at the moment we cant translate all things,we work on the german translation an 90% of the files that we can modify are translated. and i think its a good thing for the devs when we the community can help to to the translation we already startet with it, and with our translations we help the devs cause they dont need to put so much work in the translations in the future cause we do this ,and we want nothing for that, we do that because we love their game and want to help the devs and the other players, cause its easier to play a game in the own language, our translation has already nearly 2000 players they are use the translation,and some server use the tc of course, and the palyers are so happy for that. i think its a failure from the devs to set translation to low priority..
    Last edited by drg411; 09-18-2015, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My previously suggested items...

To summarize;
    AdditionalItemList - Here we can place our BPs and be able to spawn them in the game with 'GiveItemNum', as well as being able to specify our starting number.
    - E.g. We set starting number at 1,000. Then to spawn in our first item; cheat giveitemnum 1000 1 0 false et c
    - This would allow modders the room to add in items without fear of losing them on the next patch update.

Ability to create our own AdminCommands.
    I really don't care how they do this, but we need a lot more commands.

Combat/Battle/Player Logs.
    The ability to log out all combat in the game.
    - E.g. Player 1 <TRIBE> attacked Player 2 <TRIBE> with <item, quality> at <[date], time>
    - E.g. Player 1 <TRIBE> attached Dino <name, tribe> with <item, quality> at <[date], time>
    Perhaps even give us unlimited scope to adjust this as we sit fit... IE a BP class that the PrimalData links to.
    Then within that we can add all the different variables into a logging string we see fit;
    - E.g. Attacking Player/Dino/Turret, Attacked Player Player/Dino/Turret, Date and Time, Online Status, Weapon, Tribe, Location, Login/Logoff Date - Time et c

Overhaul of the item system (it is totally *** backwards).
    There is no need for multiple item files (eg Longneck, assault rifle) when you can have attachment points. Same thing goes for ammo types.
    - E.g. Weapons should have a single field for ammo: Can Accept Ammo Class: <specify parent class> - None of this **** the way it is setup now.
    Crop plots should not get their plant location information from the seed. The seed should just dictate growth rates, meshes et c, the Crop Plot itself should dictate where the plant mesh is located and spawned in at.

The ability to create Parent Class information... For example, Material types; Stone, Wood, Metal (not talking about the resource files, but the parent material type for dictating sounds and interactivity)

FIX THE **** EXPLOSIVE MULTIPLIER TO STONE ALREADY!

The ability to Rotate Placeable game objects with the scroll wheel of your mouse or via key presses.

And here is major additional overhaul requirement.
    Redesign all your Structure meshes! There is ZERO need to have a single wall element be in the area of 3,400 Tri's! That is just stupid.
    Bake out that detail into a Norm/Parallax map or something ffs.
    If you absolutely want that, make it only load in under an 'INSANE' graphics option.
    You can reduce a wall element down to 12 Tri's with a very decent normal or parallax texture. How many more can you fit on the screen with that kind of reduction? 283!!!

There are a lot more... but lets see them tackle some of this first before I get into the other stuff.

.: ETA :.
    Really simple one;
    When adding items to Item lists for loot spawns or default inventories... Would be awesome if we could Specify QUANTITY.
    Instead of having to add the item over and over to get the specified number.
    Gets a little stupid if you need more than 10 of the same item.
    Last edited by Sovaka; 09-18-2015, 01:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same custom version can be upgraded with new versions of UE, only add more features and the content can be better. The upgrade is created by Unreal, they only need upgrade his Custom Version with new content. Is my opinion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neizan View Post
    Update ARKDevKit to Unreal Engine 4.9.1, is using a old version: 4.5.1!

With UnrealEngine4.9.1 people can test DX12 experimental with command line "-DX12" and more patchnotes,
    modders can test their mods running with DX12.

With UE4.9.1 have particle colision, good improvement for fire particles, snow particles or new partciles of modders

More notes:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-4-9-Released!

Please keep updated the version of Unreal Engine in the game and in the ARKDevKit
    They use a custom version of unreal engine based on 4.5. they can add any features they want from newer versions

And again i think it's low priority and in my opinion i see no point updating to 4.9 currently.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it would prob take to much to convert so i doubt it will ever be updated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update ARKDevKit to Unreal Engine 4.9.1, is using a old version: 4.5.1!

With UnrealEngine4.9.1 people can test DX12 experimental with command line "-DX12" and more patchnotes,
    modders can test their mods running with DX12.

With UE4.9.1 have particle colision, good improvement for fire particles, snow particles or new partciles of modders

More notes:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-4-9-Released!

Please keep updated the version of Unreal Engine in the game and in the ARKDevKit
    Last edited by Neizan; 09-16-2015, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neizan View Post
    Add improvements for translations that we can't translate some words, add features for translations... Someday ARK need translate the game in the future, with translation tables is very easy add a lot of languages and community can help. Maybe external site for community translations? People wants to play in official servers with translations, now is not supported and players of translation-mods are angry because they only can play in modded servers with his language.
    Translation might not be a priority until the game is out of the alpha / early access stage to be honest. This feature has been asked already and the official answer is that it is very low priority right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Add improvements for translations that we can't translate some words, add features for translations... Someday ARK need translate the game in the future, with translation tables is very easy add a lot of languages and community can help. Maybe external site for community translations? People wants to play in official servers with translations, now is not supported and players of translation-mods are angry because they only can play in modded servers with his language.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ability too change the cheatmanager and change reload sound from the BP and more realstic weapon configs such as you can enter the bullets weight for bullet drop or being able to set it do auto semi burst
    Last edited by Dirty_Nightmare; 09-19-2015, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Extent graph functionality to work with simple functions (trigger event -> conditions -> action) related to gameplay mechanics, like altering the status of an object/character upon specific events. RNG functionality might also be nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am not sure if you can do this now. I asked in forums never got an answer. Is their a way to add items to loot tables / supply drops and make the mod stackable. With other mods that mod the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ditsov View Post
    Hello fellow modders,

To better help the devs understand what we expect / want from future updates of the dev kit, i'm going to compile a list of most wanted features and pass it along.

Example : Expose more blueprint functions about players stats.

Use this thread to suggest your ideas.

Try to keep it concise & only ideas for new modding features
    The Feature For Custom Shop/Trade Signs That Players Can Trade with others (ditsov you know what i mean since you replyied to my other forum)
    Last edited by Crafting Cookie; 09-16-2015, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An extension of functionality for blueprints in regards to snap points... the ability to transform an actor based on the snap point it snaps to.

This rather small extension of functionality would enable a mod I'm working on to be done in minutes or hours rather than what has turned into over a week...

-WM
    Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 09-19-2015, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X