Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ark Dev Kit : Features request [New Procedure 4/11]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The ability to cook your mod/map/TC to a custom path (one outside of the hdd the adk is located on) would be nice
    If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
    Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

    So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

    My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

    Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

    Comment


      Make editing wild dinos to lay fertilised eggs that can actually hatch if stolen possible.

      Comment


        Any reason why we can't change primal data values on custom blueprints at run time yet? Crafting costs being the biggest one. At some point the engine is loading that primalitem data to be used when the actor is created but we are denied access to it. I get that the devs want some sort of control over their own items, but why stop modders from using that data? My mod is pretty large at this point, with a lot of things going on, and even though the pieces are cheap in comparison to vanilla Ark pieces, the number one request I get is the ability to change the crafting costs of the items.

        Comment


          I've been toying with the idea of creating an RTS/God Game mode, similar to Natural Selection's "Command Center", but need access to cursor data, such as a "Get Hit Result Under Cursor By Channel" node. I've got most of the prototype functionality working in UE4.10.2, but at the moment it seems that mouse cursor position and basically any click event isn't accessible. I can think of one or two ways I might be able to fake it, but they would undoubtedly be extremely hacky and no doubt fairly buggy as well.

          Comment


            Setting Pin Codes on doors, my NPC Prison Guards would appreciate it very much.
            Mods: NPC Bush Peoples V6


            Comment


              Tame Dino node does not work (for me), but setting the targeting team does.
              Mods: NPC Bush Peoples V6


              Comment


                A way to dynamically edit the "Attack Infos" of the dinos.

                Stuff like this just doesn't work:




                Also do the devs ever even read our requests? Tons of stuff have been pointed out and I'm not sure if any of them have been actually addressed.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Judqment8 View Post
                  Also do the devs ever even read our requests? Tons of stuff have been pointed out and I'm not sure if any of them have been actually addressed.
                  They're constantly adding/exposing things to us, you just don't explore enough of the DevKit to see them as they're not the things you need/want.

                  Granted, it would be nice if they told us what they were exposing, but maybe when/if this Liaison gets chosen/announced then hopefully there'll be some more frequent communication between that person and a Dev or CM so changes and issues can be discussed more efficiently.

                  -WM
                  Workshop: My Workshop
                  ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                  Comment


                    Anyway we can get Prime Meat Jerky BP and Prime Cooked Meat Jerky to be parented correctly in ARK to Eatables and not parented to Cooked meat and cooked prime......
                    My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

                    Comment


                      Please fix all the crashes. The Dev Kit crashes with a lot of things, which i think is very annoying.
                      1. It crashes when I create a Custom Event
                      2. It still crashes when I switch to Graph Editing mode in a widget

                      At the moment I have to save after almost every node I add, because it can crash every second and restarting the Dev Kit takes me a while.

                      Does anyone else have the same problems? Or is it only the case for me?
                      Last edited by Finntastic; 02-16-2016, 02:23 PM.
                      Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Finntastic View Post
                        Please fix all the crashes. The Dev Kit crashes with a lot of things, which i think is very annoying.
                        1. It crashes when I create a Custom Event
                        2. It still crashes when I switch to Graph Editing mode in a widget

                        At the moment I have to save after almost every node I add, because it can crash every second and restarting the Dev Kit takes me a while.

                        Does anyone else have the same problems? Or is it only the case for me?
                        Those particular issues seem to be very much local to you as I can make all the custom events that I want and my widgets most assuredly have exponentially more logic than most, I only know of one mod for sure that has more/is more complicated, and I only get stuck with the usual hierarchy rebuild when loading the graphs. Have you tried verifying, and as a final resort reinstall, to alleviate those particular issues?

                        That being said, the assertion checks the DevKit does when compiling(and on node refresh when add/removing/manipulating replicated variables/events or input/action events) seem to be the root cause of all issues.

                        As it stands, on one of my UI's, I can no longer touch an execution chain because of some unknown reason. The crash is caused, surprise surprise, by an assertion error relating to multigates. If I make changes to that particular chain and try to compile, then the asset/widget becomes corrupted and can no longer be opened. I'm honestly over it, I understand it's a dev program - probably more than most who seem to think it's a toy - but I half expected more polish than what has been provided. I can only hope further along these issues cease to be the nuisance they are presently.

                        -WM
                        Workshop: My Workshop
                        ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
                          Those particular issues seem to be very much local to you as I can make all the custom events that I want and my widgets most assuredly have exponentially more logic than most, I only know of one mod for sure that has more/is more complicated, and I only get stuck with the usual hierarchy rebuild when loading the graphs. Have you tried verifying, and as a final resort reinstall, to alleviate those particular issues?

                          That being said, the assertion checks the DevKit does when compiling(and on node refresh when add/removing/manipulating replicated variables/events or input/action events) seem to be the root cause of all issues.

                          As it stands, on one of my UI's, I can no longer touch an execution chain because of some unknown reason. The crash is caused, surprise surprise, by an assertion error relating to multigates. If I make changes to that particular chain and try to compile, then the asset/widget becomes corrupted and can no longer be opened. I'm honestly over it, I understand it's a dev program - probably more than most who seem to think it's a toy - but I half expected more polish than what has been provided. I can only hope further along these issues cease to be the nuisance they are presently.

                          -WM
                          Okay, I don't completely understand what you mean. The crash with the widget was also before the last update. I am also using the Epic Launcher version, maybe that is a cause. I will probably find ways to get around these crashes.
                          Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

                          Comment


                            The ability to turn strings into empty class references or some similar setup where we can cast to parent classes within ARK. The ability to do this would allow, for mods like ACM where the "Blueprint'/Game..." path is added by end users for external mods, an extremely restricted and basic level of inter-compatibility between mods - where they use existing class structures and vanilla values/variables - that does not require authors divulging source files or require some hacky way of distributing a framework of blueprints.

                            Obviously custom functions, variables, etc. will not be accessible, but where the mod item - whatever it be - uses an ARK class parent and uses the existing variables like the icon, name, description, weapon config data, creature stats and so on... it may very well open up new possibilities for a plethora of mods/ideas.

                            I fully understand it may be a pipe-dream and technically not feasibly, but in saying that, one can dream.

                            -WM
                            Workshop: My Workshop
                            ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                            Comment


                              Hi,
                              Please include the new textures and layer info missing in the main terrain material:
                              Snow
                              Ice
                              Deadgrass
                              Forest Floor
                              Deep Snow
                              Pine Needles
                              Thanks!
                              Last edited by duke54; 02-23-2016, 12:27 AM.
                              Trampolines Mod
                              https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ext=trampoline

                              Comment


                                Add the ability to import materials that were created with UE4.7. I have a ton of work that was done in 4.7 and I am finding I cant use any of my own stuff due to version downgrade. If we got the ability to import from 4.7 (just materials) that would be lovely.
                                Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                                Dallas, TX USA
                                https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X