UE 4.7+ assets in Ark dev kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by null7238 View Post
    well then, I just wanted my assets I bought to work, not start a flame war ha. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG <3
    same here lol but i cant help u null ill get in trouble :P
    Creater of Btac Remap http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=491313948

For questions or help see me on teamspeak @ 223.252.38.169

Gankey ind. doing stuff right the first time <3

Comment

well then, I just wanted my assets I bought to work, not start a flame war ha. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG <3
      No flame war here, just was being clear about forum rules, and stating my opinion on his attitude. Again more than welcome to have it, it's well within everyone's rights as a human being & it's not against the forum rules (a given :P), just was letting gankey69 know I felt it was unwarranted and out of line (well within my rights as a human being as well good sir).

Also I'm sorry you feel I was being childish gankey, but that is your perspective. I was giving a friendly reminder about the forum rules, since you asked someone who is not on your modding team/game development team to share Marketplace Content, which is a violation of Epic Games, Terms of Service, and is bordering on breaking forum rules. That is part of my role as a moderator.

Edit: Legally to clarify, it is against Epic Games TOS to give out Marketplace Content to anyone who is NOT on your Game Design team (or mod team in this case). That is a fact. Hence why I gave you the friendly reminder.

@Null My apologies good sir, wish it was working already :P
      Last edited by TTVWobby_Funkel; 08-19-2015, 12:31 AM.

Comment

haha ah well, I just was so pumped because I bought this wicked looking grass that worked EXACTLY how I wanted it to, but nope. I did find some other stuff that works, but it's not nearly as sexy

I do have to say I find it very surprising that the Ark devs have not upgraded the engine to 4.7 at least. You'd figure with the performance issues they've had, and gaining lots of features that seem quite beneficial to them (new foliage shaders!!) that they would have made an effort to upgrade. Though I've heard elsewhere they wrote some of their own shaders, so maybe they have a problem easily upgrading their engine version? Dunno, sucks for us modders, especially because most of the content on the marketplace is geared towards 4.7, I don't think it even came out until 4.6?
        Last edited by Rarp7; 08-19-2015, 12:32 AM.
        Check out my current development at https://lattasoft.com!

Comment

Not continuing but asking... i been helping everywhere and have helped many ppl get things working and failed at some to but thats a given I assumed that i was "teaming" with them getting it working or not, I assumed that it was ok and well within the legality's of there purchases/makes ect as long as i do not use it for my own things? eg ppl have given me there mods materials to take a look at i dont no where it comes from just that it is something i have been handed to bug squash verification would be lovely as this is a matter that would greatly affect the ability to help

Comment

haha ah well, I just was so pumped because I bought this wicked looking grass that worked EXACTLY how I wanted it to, but nope. I did find some other stuff that works, but it's not nearly as sexy

I do have to say I find it very surprising that the Ark devs have not upgraded the engine to 4.7 at least. You'd figure with the performance issues they've had, and gaining lots of features that seem quite beneficial to them (new foliage shaders!!) that they would have made an effort to upgrade. Though I've heard elsewhere they wrote some of their own shaders, so maybe they have a problem easily upgrading their engine version? Dunno, sucks for us modders, especially because most of the content on the marketplace is geared towards 4.7, I don't think it even came out until 4.6?
            I've gotten some 4.7 content and 4.8.3 to import and work as intended (just particle effects at this point). It seems as if the problem really lies with how the ADK is reading the files or in this case, refusing to recognize them. The marketplace was around before 4.5 I believe actually (I have some 4.5 MP content). And 4.5.1 content has trouble too, hence my logic on this one.

Originally posted by gankey69 View Post
            Not continuing but asking... i been helping everywhere and have helped many ppl get things working and failed at some to but thats a given I assumed that i was "teaming" with them getting it working or not, I assumed that it was ok and well within the legality's of there purchases/makes ect as long as i do not use it for my own things? eg ppl have given me there mods materials to take a look at i dont no where it comes from just that it is something i have been handed to bug squash verification would be lovely as this is a matter that would greatly affect the ability to help
            Troubleshooting =/= teaming. Again no one ever said the help wasn't welcome, and no one has ever stated that the help isn't welcome. That was all something you designed in your own mind if you think that was implied or stated ever.

I've made myself very clear here plenty of times, but one more here for good measure; I was just doing my role as a moderator, nothing more. I didn't take anything you said personally. Follow the forum rules and Marketplace TOS and everything is all good :P

Please do continue to help, or not help as much as you please.
            Last edited by TTVWobby_Funkel; 08-19-2015, 12:40 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

it would take a bit of a compile and there already being pushed a fair bit and i dont no about anyone else but the apply for job buttons been broken for ages

Comment

Working...
              X