Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARK Dev Kit v200.5 (Fixed Sotf!!): 'Survival of the Fittest' download, Total Conversions, Mods, Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the update comes down from the unreal launcher, is it going to overwrite any total conversion style work we've done in the PrimalEarth folder so far? or will it have a form of diffing that will only update needed values to maintain balances and tweaks made in the update?
    Main Mod: Statera Vis | Other Neglected Mod: Rebalance Mod Lite
    Guides: References and You - Down the Rabbit Hole

Comment

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
      No, you can just create a Mod for the TC in that case -- but what is required (most likely) is having the uncooked TC content from which to base your Mod (you'll have that in the case of SotF from us, of course). For other people's TC, you'll have to ask them -- and you CAN still create a Mod for the regular game and use it within a TC, but the results may be unpredictable depending on what the TC changes.
      Thanks.

I am not sure if it is possible but can you specify if a mod is dependent on a TC in the workshop or just post it in the description?

Comment

Thank you very much! I gonna try that out tonight.

Comment

I finally got the 27Gb download done... after about... 12 tries. Lucky I'm on unlimited 1Gbps Internet.

I had to keep restarting/resuming the download in Firefox download... the last 6Gb was quite slow (less than 70Mb/sec which is slow for me).

Hopefully dear Drake saw my #48 post and is busy accelerating diff checks with WinMerge (and putting in my 25% XP loss on death code haha)

Comment

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
            "Could you please tell us how you make a TC on an example? I don't have a clue how i would make a TC.
            And if it is realy that plain simple editing the originals, how do i make several different TCs then and how do i get the originals back?"

Should be as simple as modifying stuff and then clicking "Cook Total Conversion" in the Steam Upload menu, and posting that to Steam Workshop. At least it should be.
            Regarding how to work on Several TC's, you just gotta maintain a backup for your Content directory for each one, swap them in and out as you wish to work on each different TC.

I'll work on getting Diff'ed SotF content up shortly, note that it'll be diff'ed against the 200.5 content so you'll still need that first (either from the Google Drive link or hopefully from Epic posting it on the Unreal Launcher today )

(thank you JasonFJ -- 200.5 doesn't support modifying experience directly to create negative XP, but 201.0 will)

-Drake
            Drake can you fix ComponentStatus for the BoaFrill. The vanilla files don't alter the Boas base stats in health as they were intended to do, ( i tried to edit them in the PIE just to test and nothing changed the Boa still starts with 100 health ).
            DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by cwm33 View Post
              When the update comes down from the unreal launcher, is it going to overwrite any total conversion style work we've done in the PrimalEarth folder so far? or will it have a form of diffing that will only update needed values to maintain balances and tweaks made in the update?
              It will, but the Epic Launcher also backs up your files and tells you this, so you can just copy them back afterwards. To be on the safe side, however, it would be a good idea to make a backup of your Content directory before you update via the Epic Launcher.

And the Epic Launcher has now posted v200.5!

Comment

Uhm, how do we update now again? Got the ArkDevKit downloaded via the EpicLauncher, but it doesn't seem to update (still on V. 197.1).
                Last edited by JesusIsInDaHood; 08-18-2015, 05:01 PM.
                Mods: Dinosaur Sound Overhaul True Wardrums 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by JesusIsInDaHood View Post
                  Uhm, how do we update now again? Got the ArkDevKit downloaded via the EpicLauncher, but it doesn't seem to update (still on V. 179.1).
                  Same. Also ETA for v201? I'm worried about mah Titanoboa mod now that they are laying eggs :3

Comment

Uhm, how do we update now again? Got the ArkDevKit downloaded via the EpicLauncher, but it doesn't seem to update (still on V. 197.1).
                    Same. I just assumed it would notify me that an update is ready, but so far, nothing. Not even after restarting the launcher

Comment

I tried verifying the files, nothing.
                      Mods: Dinosaur Sound Overhaul True Wardrums 2.0

Comment

Well. I just created a new Folder in Mods. Then i modified the original Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Silicon.PrimalItemResource_Silicon'. Then i tried to cook that newly created folder as a Total Conversion. It did not even show up in my Cook/upload Mod to steam. And after a reboot the folder even disappears.
                        Could you PLEASE make a small guide on how to make a Total Conversion from the scratch with like 1 modded original file? This would be totally awesome. There is no single working Total Conversion mod online except SOTF. Please we need this guide realy hard!

Comment

I tried verifying the files, nothing.
                          Same here, not verifying
                          DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

and the verdict :P
                            Creater of Btac Remap http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=491313948

For questions or help see me on teamspeak @ 223.252.38.169

Gankey ind. doing stuff right the first time <3

Comment

Interesting that there was an indicator prompting me to download Unreal Engine 4.8.3 that was never highlighted before. Do we need to do something with this?
                              Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

Comment

Originally posted by ordens View Post
                                Well. I just created a new Folder in Mods. Then i modified the original Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Silicon.PrimalItemResource_Silicon'. Then i tried to cook that newly created folder as a Total Conversion. It did not even show up in my Cook/upload Mod to steam. And after a reboot the folder even disappears.
                                Could you PLEASE make a small guide on how to make a Total Conversion from the scratch with like 1 modded original file? This would be totally awesome. There is no single working Total Conversion mod online except SOTF. Please we need this guide realy hard!
                                Just curious, why would you use a total conversion and not a typical mod if you are changing one thing? Seems like overkill to me but I could be wrong.
                                Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

Comment

Working...
                                X