Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARK Dev Kit v200.5 (Fixed Sotf!!): 'Survival of the Fittest' download, Total Conversions, Mods, Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ordens View Post
    Getting the same error here.
    Same problem here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Since Total Conversions provide the capability to replace assets such as the Spawn UI, you could create new game modes that go even further such as a class-based Team Fortress 2/Counterstrike style system. The Survival of the Fittest GameMode/GameState blueprints are the most extreme example so far.

Cheers,
    Drake
    That gives me a *****!

This is some awesome stuff thank you =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by uzumi18 View Post
    Getting the following error when trying to launch 200.5

Used the steps above 2,3

http://grab.by/JEL6
    Getting the same error here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Heavensn: it all should be posted on Epic Launcher within a day, hang in there. Also, we'll get the alternate "Survival of the Fittest" content posted to Mega.nz that you can hopefully access over there.

Quintela: Soon(tm) hopefully

Cheers,
    Drake
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fail. Can't download that 27Gb file.... keeps timing out at 9.7Gb or 21Gb or some random number.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you please tell us how you make a TC on an example? I don't have a clue how i would make a TC.
    And if it is realy that plain simple editing the originals, how do i make several different TCs then and how do i get the originals back?
    Last edited by ordens; 08-17-2015, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Getting the following error when trying to launch 200.5

Used the steps above 2,3

http://grab.by/JEL6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heavensn: it all should be posted on Epic Launcher within a day, hang in there. Also, we'll get the alternate "Survival of the Fittest" content posted to Mega.nz that you can hopefully access over there.

Quintela: Soon(tm) hopefully

Cheers,
    Drake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update guys,

Any ETA for bringing up the Procedural Foliage Spawner and the Grass Type Material node, to the Ark dev kit build?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Google can not be downloaded in China````

Leave a comment:

• replied
    3 things quick if possible

how do u get the snappoint xyz of an object im guessing atm but if theres an easier way im all for it

how will updates for ark work with a conversion wont the update just reset the map if its edited?

how is something made unique to the character
    Last edited by gankey69; 08-17-2015, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    <3 the work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ComplexMinded: You can do new game modes with a Mod, as long as you only subclass. Total Conversion just makes it way easier because you don't have to subclass everything. You might not need a TC for your idea. That said, you could use a TC and as I mentioned, just don't inherit from PrimalGameData (you should never need to with a TC), and then most Mods would still work with it.

JesusIsInDaHood: Of course with a TC you can change everything you want just via direct editing, including soundcues and animations. With a Mod, you'd have to duplicate the animations/Montages in question, then replace the cues on the duplicates, and then subclass whatever was referencing the original anims, set the new anims into that, and make sure PrimalGameData was pointing or replacing to your new Class. So yeah, much easier with a TC

And the link to the v200 Content is now up! SotF content coming shortly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Drake, thanks for the great tutorial, but one question still remains since the dev kit was released. Are we able/ will we ever be able to change sound cues and animations that are connected to these sounds? Didn't try it out if it works with a total conversion now, but it would be much easier and appreciated if we could do that through remapping in the PrimalGameData.

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Theoretical question, would one only use a Total Conversion mod, if they have a game mode (start, end point) defined as in SOTF? Or do you reccomend this also for people who have a specific game type? I have a mod that expands on the primitive tier and excludes all future tech. I dont see it stacking with other mods nor do I really want it to, to preserve the intent. The game mode restricts items to give it a cohesive and immersive feel. Wondering when TCM would be a good candidate to use vs. a mod.

Edit: I may have answered my own question as I hope to change parts of the UI and overhaul a few other systems. TCM it is!
    Last edited by ComplexMinded; 08-17-2015, 12:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X