Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARK Dev Kit v200.5 (Fixed Sotf!!): 'Survival of the Fittest' download, Total Conversions, Mods, Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CreativeHD View Post
    I got the update and downloaded the stuff. I have no folder for it specifically but the content is there when I search for it.
    Okay I wasn't sure, going to put the zip files in my epic launcher directory, see what happens.

Originally posted by null7238 View Post
    I believe you need to grab the sotf content separately.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...ew?usp=sharing
    Yea thats what I did.
    Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
      Note: Ok now for real this time: The v200.5 ARK Dev Kit is at last posted to the Epic Launcher! You can update thru there

Sorry for the delay on that, was a glitch in the system, such as it is :-P

Cheers,
      Drake
      Thanks, i did that and still got the problem:

DinoDropIventoryComponents, SupplyCrates, ItemLootSets, HarvestingComponents and Dino_Character_BPs are not included in the TC after editing the originals and cooking the TC. Is that a bug? If not for me TC is totally useless :/

Comment

I think there's a lot missing from TC at the moment, and it needs to be looked at a bit further. Personally I couldn't override the default pawn class, but that may have been an issue on my end. Have to wait until tomorrow to see.
        Check out my current development at https://lattasoft.com!

Comment

Well, what do you mean with override exactly?

Comment

Yea nothing changed for me, except I got a new static mesh and a texture. No new gamemode or game state like in the description. Smh, does it work for anyone else?
            Also, i thought the game mode and game state was going to be fully blueprinted? Everything looks that same, is anyone else see the same?
            Last edited by salcarr; 08-20-2015, 12:33 AM.
            Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

If i wanted to retexture the game what would i use to allow a player to use the new textures? would i just replace the core files with a new one or?

Comment

So if I understand this correctly, for a simple mod that only changes blueprints and PrimalGameData_BP, you no longer cook it with the empty pointer map? All you need is the to cook it as a mod. When I'm testing my current mod it seems to function correctly without the empty pointer map.

Well half correctly, something with how ants are spawned screws up my attempts to turn them into herbivores. But that's a different matter that I have a few ideas on. Dragonflies correctly spawn without any aggro towards anything anyways.

Or is it still required and it's only working because I made and cooked it on this machine? I understood the old tutorial and now I'm confused lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dsj7419 View Post
                  am I missing something?

I've updated to 200.5, I downloaded the sotf folder and extracted it so it would overwrite any files. I lauched the program.

in the browser there are no "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Sotf/Sotf_GameMode.Sotf_GameMode'
                  Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Sotf/Sotf_GameState.Sotf_GameState'"

as outlined in the first post.

if I search for sotf the only folders I see referenced are: primalearth/effects/particles/sotf and environment/alien/sotf

am I better off just deleting my entire install folder and reinstalling? It looks the same as 197, and I've tried to verify 3 times.. no dice.. it thinks its on 200.5 but not?
                  Noone else not seeing these items?

I did download the file separately after updating and extracted it all properly then relaunched the program.. I do not see those blueprints.

Comment

They are missing from the zip files. I'm sure wildcard know they are missing and will reupload the files soon.

Comment

I made a map with ARK Dev Kit 193.0 which was before the new UE4 launcher came out, is there an easy way to export or transfer my levels/sub levels over to the new launcher so that I can continue updating with the new content? I am a UE4 noob but am having a lovely time besides some of the roadblocks I've run into.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!
                      Creator of WickWillow Island & WickWillow

Comment

Originally posted by Dadmin View Post
                        I made a map with ARK Dev Kit 193.0 which was before the new UE4 launcher came out, is there an easy way to export or transfer my levels/sub levels over to the new launcher so that I can continue updating with the new content? I am a UE4 noob but am having a lovely time besides some of the roadblocks I've run into.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!
                        Copy and paste your mod folder to the same place in the new installation (mod folder) and you should be good!
                        Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

Comment

The Survival of the Fittest Content is now fixed! If you wish to create a SotF-derived Total Conversion or Mod, just download it here and extract over your ARK Dev Kit directory to replace the base game content with SotF content:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Any idea when can I get v.201 files in the Devkit?

Comment

I'm running into a problem with TCs, everytime I cook one it doesn't include some files, mostly what I can tell right now from what is downloaded, it's just my dino edits that aren't being cooked or uploaded, and I can't figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by Vokunzun Vokunkiin View Post
                                I'm running into a problem with TCs, everytime I cook one it doesn't include some files, mostly what I can tell right now from what is downloaded, it's just my dino edits that aren't being cooked or uploaded, and I can't figure out why.
                                Please update us if you find a fix, as i have avoided TC due to it not seeming to flesh out correctly yet.
                                DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X