Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gankey69 View Post
    i donno what ur mod does so i really cant say lol
    It adds additional NPC entries, remaps spawn points and adds new saddle engrams. I don't think its an issue with what the mod does (as i never had any issues updating it before) - more likely something has become corrupt somewhere when switching to Epic Games Dev Kit, and i have no idea what.

Comment

Is your mod description super long?

Comment

Nah the amount of times ive trued it I got sick of copy pasting it so have just been making it a couple of letters while I test it.

Ive started making a `new' mod (copying the old files into new folder and re linking them all) inital tests seem to be working but it's going to take forever

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon_Beard View Post
          It adds additional NPC entries, remaps spawn points and adds new saddle engrams. I don't think its an issue with what the mod does (as i never had any issues updating it before) - more likely something has become corrupt somewhere when switching to Epic Games Dev Kit, and i have no idea what.
          It could possibly be something corrupted on transfer, but for it to cause that kind of behavior would be very strange and illogical. It's very odd that you can upload another mod okay. Are you sure it wasn't just a random stroke of luck at the time?

"What else do mean i could try to use to see if its steamcmd at fault?" Try using the uploader/cooker located in your ARKDevKit folder, then Modtools, it's located inside of there. Try using that and let me know if the same problem still occurs.

NOTE: Please do the above step. From what I was just told, steamcmd (which is written by Valve, not Wildcard) is acting up, and if you use the stickied ADK Launcher to upload or the standalone tool I mentioned above, you should have luck

At this point I'm fairly clueless as to what would cause this behavior other than networking things & steamCMD being lame
          Last edited by TTVWobby_Funkel; 08-18-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help, im away from home until the end of the week but I'll try it when I'm back.

And I tried two different uploads, one was just the generic mod & then tried some files copied from the mod that doesnt work and both uploaded first time with no issue. I did then try my original mod afterwards but it still didnt work.

I agree It does seem strange if it would corrupt during the dev kit transfer because you'll remember when I started this thread that I did manage to update it one time in between it not working. The only other thing that I changed were the mods.db & the .vdf - but I made back up of both before editing and have tried restoring the originals and still wont work.

Comment

im doing a video when i get my mic working or ill go buy another one today but ill post it up so its easier
              Creater of Btac Remap http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=491313948

For questions or help see me on teamspeak @ 223.252.38.169

Gankey ind. doing stuff right the first time <3

Comment

Working...
              X