Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on Total Conversions and the source for 'Survival of the Fittest' is coming in a couple hours!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Total Conversions and the source for 'Survival of the Fittest' is coming in a couple hours!

ok finally
    packaging dev kit
    and then I'll do a write-up of how to make a whole new TC, and/or to make a TC of SotF, and/or to make SotF mods.
    (had to rewrite some SotF blueprints to make them fully extendable)
    should be up within 2 hours. Also now you can get a blueprint event within the item object when an item is equipped, unequipped, or used. To make neat custom items. We used this functionality for the Re-Fertilizer, but of course can have a ton more uses.

so busy

-Drake
    Last edited by StudioWildcard; 08-16-2015, 05:01 PM.

Woooooooooooooo!

*hands Epic Games a plate of cookies for being Epic*

Comment

Looking forward to this, downloading new dev kit now
      Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

yeah download already at 60% ( i don't have fiber at home :'( )

tomorrow i will be good to go xD

can you explain why the change from steam to epic launcher in the same time too?(if it was not planned already , just one phrase on it ^^) i'm sure it's not important for us but i would like to know the reason for this change ^^ (like update easier to be done or something like that?)

Comment

Thanks for your continued dedication devs!!
          Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

Comment

Originally posted by wazalop View Post
            yeah download already at 60% ( i don't have fiber at home :'( )

tomorrow i will be good to go xD

can you explain why the change from steam to epic launcher in the same time too?(if it was not planned already , just one phrase on it ^^) i'm sure it's not important for us but i would like to know the reason for this change ^^ (like update easier to be done or something like that?)
            It was planned from my understanding. Steam's updating system wasn't very friendly, probably all of their reasoning right there :P

Comment

I`m all for moving the dev kit. But after this whole update, i cant use my mod any more the launch paramater won`t work atm. So I`m hoping the new mod/total conversion will be ready soon, since i now have to build halve my base back up.

Comment

Are we waiting for the v200 and Total Conversion updates to be automatically downloaded through Epic Launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Mytme View Post
                  I`m all for moving the dev kit. But after this whole update, i cant use my mod any more the launch paramater won`t work atm. So I`m hoping the new mod/total conversion will be ready soon, since i now have to build halve my base back up.
                  That goes for a lot of ppl, fortunately for me my host allows full control of the commandline and i have mine setup in a fail safe fashion (running my MOD with no issues, even did a build in the new kit), but most ppl running my MOD do not have this option or are running dedicated and their MODs are not currently working.

@Drake, please shed light on this, thank you.
                  Last edited by M1k3_C; 08-15-2015, 05:58 PM.
                  DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by M1k3_C View Post
                    That goes for a lot of ppl, fortunately for me my host allows full control of the commandline and i have mine setup in a fail safe fashion (running my MOD with no issues, even did a build in the new kit), but most ppl running my MOD do not have this option or are running dedicated and their MODs are not currently working.

@Drake, please shed light on this with you update the thread, thank you.
                    Are you using 'ActiveMods' or 'GameModIds' in your command line? I built my mod in the new mod kit but still unable to load using .ini settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytme View Post
                      As of v200 they added this to the patch notes. Pretty sure that is why mod's are not working for lots of people.

"* Super ARK Server Management Tool! manage all your mods visually, install new mods and total conversions, update mods, manage all server settings visually, connect to RCON, and soon enough do this all remotely! http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/"

Try using that and I bet your mod works again :P

Comment

Originally posted by sinarisinestro View Post
                        As of v200 they added this to the patch notes. Pretty sure that is why mod's are not working for lots of people.

"* Super ARK Server Management Tool! manage all your mods visually, install new mods and total conversions, update mods, manage all server settings visually, connect to RCON, and soon enough do this all remotely! http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/"

Try using that and I bet your mod works again :P
                        Thanks for the info, I will have to hold out as my server is hosted and I can't access directly. Very promising though!

Comment

Thank you Drake, and your team for building Total Conversion capabilites! Already downloaded via Epic Games launcher

Comment

Originally posted by ComplexMinded View Post
                            Are you using 'ActiveMods' or 'GameModIds' in your command line? I built my mod in the new mod kit but still unable to load using .ini settings.
                            /Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?listen?GameModIds=485826143
                            DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

So where is this info at?

Comment

Working...
                              X