Need help from a map maker :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help from a map maker :)

I`m looking for a mapmaker to help change a anspect of the map for me, for payment ofc
    Is this a possebillity?

Hi,

The first of all you should say what you want to change ? and how much work it will be ... i dont want to speak for all here ... but i do thouse things for fun and not for money ;D

Comment

I wanted to di it myself, but im new to this, less then a week i want to add a empty cave for base building.

Comment

befor 3 weeks i had no idea how all of it work and the most i alredy dont know but with looking in the Original Map and looking som tutorials its getting better ;D all you need is Time ! allot of time ...

Comment

I`m all for learning how to di it myself, but i would need a step by step guide to teach me then

Comment

Go to the wiki : http://ark.gamepedia.com/Modding, we're trying our best to make all documentation available about the dev kit there.

You should first familiarize yourself with the editor with these videos : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xlHvCMvp2tPgaP

and then look at the map TheIsland, to understand how things work

Comment

I understand the basics of it. i just dont understand or know how to dig out/make a cave inside the landscape/rock or mountains

Comment

Can you guys just tell me how to start? with files to copy and where to put the new mapfolder ect?

Comment

Make a "hole" (should be in the landscape editor) then use rocks/a small landscape to make a cave, check out how they did it on the island for tips
                  If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
                  Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

I want to add it to a place on The Island map tho

Comment

Originally posted by Mytme View Post
                      I want to add it to a place on The Island map tho
                      So load the map up, going to take a while so go do something else while it does this. save it, mod it, save it as some thing different than before...etc
                      EG:
                      TheIsland_org
                      TheIsland_edit1
                      TheIsland_edit2
                      TheIsland_edit3 and so on, if you do something wrong you can take easy steps to go back so you only lose a little bit of work instead of hours.

Comment

Working...
                      X