DEVKit refuses to upload any mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEVKit refuses to upload any mods

Just few hours ago I was able to upload normally my files to the steam with the devkit. Then about an hour ago the devkit updated its steam files and now the uploader does simply nothing. No error messages, nothing. I even tried to restart my PC, but no luck.

Did the update somehow mess up or am I the only one having this problem?

I updated a mod about 8 hours ago. What were the last 5 lines of logs in the Status window exactly (when you click Upload)?

Comment

Did you provide it with a preview image? If it says ERROR file not found, then that is likely the problem. I just uploaded a test mod with no issue.
      Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

I don't like feeling like I'm trying to hustle my own work, but this might help you:
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-ADK-Launcher

Just fill in the workshop ID manually if you are trying to update your existing upload.

Comment

Thanks, I will try that as soon as I get back from work.

Comment

Also the log only says the "Upload Started" "Upload Job Command Line etc etc." then nothing else.

Comment

Is your description super long? I found out last week if you go over the limit for the description, the upload fails.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangDood View Post
                Is your description super long? I found out last week if you go over the limit for the description, the upload fails.
                No it's not. It's a test mod so everything is minimal. Also I think the problem is solved thanks to TheGuyNex useful ADK Launcher. At least it's currently repairing the devkit and steam guard FINALLY asked for the security code which it hasn't done for the times I've used the Devkit. So yeah, we'll see once I get it repaired

Comment

SteamCMD updated yesterday and also gave us a little trouble. We've switched around how it launches from the editor to fix this issue for us. You should test it out in the next dev kit once it releases (later this week I believe!).

Comment

Originally posted by BorisDos View Post
                    SteamCMD updated yesterday and also gave us a little trouble. We've switched around how it launches from the editor to fix this issue for us. You should test it out in the next dev kit once it releases (later this week I believe!).
                    Oh, I see. Well, it's not working in the Devkit even after repairing it. I will now try to use the ADK Launcher in the meanwhile. Thanks for letting us know.

EDIT: ADK Launcher still works as a charm! Will be using it till the Devkit update gets out of the oven ; P Thanks TheGuyNex!
                    Last edited by Judqment8; 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Seems like the ADK Launcher refuses to update mods. Any work around or do I just have to wait till the devkit gets updated?

Comment

Yeah I've been having trouble with uploading my mods through the dev kit as well. I just manually did it through ArkDevKit>ModTools>ArkModTools. Seems to be the only way so far until the problem is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowdemonx9 View Post
                          Yeah I've been having trouble with uploading my mods through the dev kit as well. I just manually did it through ArkDevKit>ModTools>ArkModTools. Seems to be the only way so far until the problem is fixed.
                          Thanks a lot. Got my mod updated by using that :3

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuyNex View Post
                            I don't like feeling like I'm trying to hustle my own work, but this might help you:
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-ADK-Launcher

Just fill in the workshop ID manually if you are trying to update your existing upload.
                            This tool doesn't update an existing workshop item. I gave it the workshop ID, but it ignores this and only creates a new publishFileId.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisDos View Post
                              Since there is no way to update our mods right now, via the kit or any other tool, can you give us a more firm ETA on when we will have a new Kit with this working?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X