Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to modify the text in the radial menus when interacting with someone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to modify the text in the radial menus when interacting with someone else?

We are translating the interface of this game into chinese, and have finished approximately 80% of that and now we are faced with some trouble. The first picture shows where I can't find a way to tranlate. Could you help me solve my problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	未标题-1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1158793
    Last edited by Heavensn; 08-07-2015, 10:11 AM.

Looks like you have made a lot of progress on this, though wasn't there already a thread about this? You will likely get your solution when full conversion rolls out to change the localization. It actually might be a much easier solution overall than modifying everything individually like you have already since localization is to streamline the process of translation.

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Also note, on August 13 we'll be releasing "Total Conversion" functionality, which will let you completely override all of the gamedata/game-assets directly, rather than subclassing them. You can even swap out the main menu and loading screens with this new system -- truly every file of the game except the executables! The only limitation to this Total Conversion system is that TC's can't stack -- you can only have one of them active, obviously, and it requires a game restart to switch them. However, TC's can have Mods active on them, and load custom maps, etc. We have used the new TC system to create "ARK: Survival of the Fittest", which we'll also be providing as a full example of how the TC system works

Cheers,
    Drake
    Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Drathek View Post
      Looks like you have made a lot of progress on this, though wasn't there already a thread about this? You will likely get your solution when full conversion rolls out to change the localization. It actually might be a much easier solution overall than modifying everything individually like you have already since localization is to streamline the process of translation.
      Thank you for your information about the upcoming funtionality. I'm really expeecting the Total Conversion would be the one we need to localize the game directly. It was a truely hard work you know that.
      It was truely a hard work - -

Comment

Very impressive so far! I can only imagine how tedious and trial/error this must have been given how some things are setup in the game currently.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisDos View Post
          Very impressive so far! I can only imagine how tedious and trial/error this must have been given how some things are setup in the game currently.
          I appreciate you have paid attention to our problems and I'm looking forward to the later upgrede of the ARK dev kit. I love this game, and I hope my chinese friends poor in english could play this game in an easier way.

Comment

Working...
          X