HOWTO: Add new structure variants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuapYllier View Post
    I see...well Every item I have made I selected copy. They still seem to have parents.
    Everything still has a parent, they always will. The problem comes from making a child of something instead of copying it as it inherits everything from its parent, however, the tap seems to be an exception in this case. Odd.

-WM
    Workshop: My Workshop
    ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

I remade the whole thing out of a different object copy...works fine now. Thanks.

Comment

Post number 18 above https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post393957

I have done this for my set of new items going into the smithy and another set into the fabricator. It all works perfectly in the editor but when I get into single player the folder I added with my items only exists on a brand new smithy or fabricator that is placed. if you leave the game and come back then the folder no longer shows. I assume that this translates to the folders disappearing on server restart in an online server. Has anyone else come across this?

Comment

Post number 18 above https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post393957

I have done this for my set of new items going into the smithy and another set into the fabricator. It all works perfectly in the editor but when I get into single player the folder I added with my items only exists on a brand new smithy or fabricator that is placed. if you leave the game and come back then the folder no longer shows. I assume that this translates to the folders disappearing on server restart in an online server. Has anyone else come across this?
          I just came across the same problem. My new item is only craftable in a newly created smithy, not existing ones and if the server is rebooted the new item disappears from that smithy too.

Regards,

Les

Comment

I found out that you need to make your own structure for crafting your items and use it instead of the vanilla structure in the examples above.OR avoid it all together and have them craftable on the character.

Comment

I found out that you need to make your own structure for crafting your items and use it instead of the vanilla structure in the examples above.OR avoid it all together and have them craftable on the character.
              It would be nice to have some DEV input here. Is it a bug or are we doing something wrong? I really don't want to make my own crafting station.

Regards,

Les

Comment

Originally posted by PointyUK View Post
                It would be nice to have some DEV input here. Is it a bug or are we doing something wrong? I really don't want to make my own crafting station.

Regards,

Les
                I think they already did a while back in another thread.
                As it stands right now, you have 3 choices.
                1. Make your own crafting station so you have a nice clean stackable mod and be done with it forever.
                2. Add it to an existing one which will make the mod dirty and it will also need to be updated every time they add a new item to that structures inventory as well as requiring you place a new one down every time you/they update it.
                3. Don't require a crafting station.
                Last edited by P0k3r; 03-15-2016, 03:02 PM.

My Mods | P0k3r's Workshop

Comment

Originally posted by P0k3r View Post
                  I think they already did a while back in another thread.
                  As it stands right now, you have 3 choices.
                  1. Make your own crafting station so you have a nice clean stackable mod and be done with it forever.
                  2. Add it to an existing one which will make the mod dirty and it will also need to be updated every time they add a new item to that structures inventory as well as requiring you place a new one down every time you/they update it.
                  3. Don't require a crafting station.

Thanks for posting P0k3r, I did realise they were my options, and to be honest, I don't like any of them for my mod. I was just curious if it was a bug and is going to be fixed. I did do a forum search as I remembered seeing a few topics on this, but didn't see a dev post, so I'll have another look.

Regards,

Les

Comment

DerfK2, Your Post was JUST what I was looking for THANK YOU !!!!

Comment

Finally, a great detailed, descriptive explanation! Thank you so much for your work on this. This helps so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonFJ View Post
                        1 COPY REQUIRE BLUEPRINTS TO YOUR MODS FOLDER
                        1.1 Copy the blueprint you want to make a variant of to your Mods folder, e.g. PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_StandingTorch. You do this by left-click dragging the blueprint to your Mod folder and choosing Copy.
                        Is it possible to alter a single parent class to effect for all placeable structures in particular the visual 'tool-tip' players see when looking at placeable structures? If so do you or anyone else here know where to start looking?

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the modding scene and decided it would be really cool to start making some custom dino armor. Of course I have gone through many tutorials over the past few days to figure things out. I have created the armor in Blender, imported it to ADK and it functions fine, but I'm having trouble linking the model I've made to the actual primal item/engram. I'm also having problems attaching a saddle to a dino. Any hints, since there are 0 tutorials on saddles out there, on what settings I need to change to allow this item to be attached to the official dino skeleton? If anyone's curious I started with the Kaprosuchus, my favorite dino, and am just building a crappy test armor set first to get correct sizing and such. So any other hints are also welcome.

Comment

Hello. I just started getting into modding and am planning on reading and watching as much as I can on it before I get started on my first mod. I have a question for before I do get started. If an item doesn't have an inventory, how would I go about adding an inventory to it, like the bear trap, for example?

Comment

Working...
                            X