Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOWTO: Add new structure variants

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Oopsidied View Post
    I am new to modding and after step 1.8 it becomes very confusing for me. If anyone could help me with some step by step (maybe some visual aid?) I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to copy the behemoth gateway and make it have a snap point on top. There aren't many guides out there and this is the best I have found but it's a bit too complex for my small brain.
    I just earlier uploaded a mod to Steam to address my annoyance with ceiling snapping being too high, and I learnt a bit about snap points while tinkering around with the ceilings and other various structures. I'll have a look later today when I wake up (2:30AM presently) at the gates and try to determine how the points are referenced and implemented fully.

    -WM
    Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 09-19-2015, 12:29 AM.
    Workshop: My Workshop
    ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Oopsidied View Post
      I am new to modding and after step 1.8 it becomes very confusing for me. If anyone could help me with some step by step (maybe some visual aid?) I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to copy the behemoth gateway and make it have a snap point on top. There aren't many guides out there and this is the best I have found but it's a bit too complex for my small brain.
      Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
      I just earlier uploaded a mod to Steam to address my annoyance with ceiling snapping being too high, and I learnt a bit about snap points while tinkering around with the ceilings and other various structures. I'll have a look later today when I wake up (2:30AM presently) at the gates and try to determine how the points are referenced and implemented fully.
      I've since discovered how adding snapping points work and some basic functions in regards to manipulating them, and will be testing either later tonight or tomorrow with gates to see how it would work. Once I have it down pat a little more, I'll look into a tutorial for adding, removing and modifying them.

      -WM
      Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 09-19-2015, 12:28 AM.
      Workshop: My Workshop
      ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

      Comment


        #18
        For anyone finding this thread and trying to figure out how to make new engrams that have to be built in the fabricator (or any other crafting station), The AdditionalStructureEngrams array in PrimalGameData that was mentioned briefly by Drathek works like this:

        When you click the + icon it creates an item "0" with two sub-entries: a dropdown that says "For Class", and an array of Class Additions. In "For Class" select the STRUCTURE that you want to use as the crafting station for this item to be created in (eg "StorageBox_Fabricator"... in the current toolkit this is colored bluish in the dropdown list, and shows the actual model of the fabricator if you locate it in the content browser). Then, in the "Class Additions" array, add the PrimalItem that the player will create (NOT the Engram you are crafting from, NOT the Structure your item will turn into when the player uses it).

        For instance, if you wanted to make the special standing torch example given here craftable in the fabricator, you would choose "StorageBox_Fabricator" in the "For Class" dropdown, then select the PrimalItemStructure_MyStandingTorch blueprint in "Class Additions". In order to make sure the player can't craft it themselves, UNcheck "Give Blueprint to Player Inventory" option in the EngramEntry_MyStandingTorch blueprint.

        The other options for "For Class":
        StorageBox_AnvilBench - smithy
        MortarAndPestle - mortar and pestle

        If you are adding multiple objects in a single mod you should be able to list all of the ones you want crafted in the fabricator in the "Class Additions" array, rather than repeating fabricator over and over. If you want to add different items to different crafting stations, then create a second entry in the AdditionalStructureEngrams array for each crafting station, with the list of things to make in each station's "Class Additions" array.

        Don't forget to set the subfolders the crafting engram will appear in (when the user unchecks "Show All"). This is set in the PrimalItemStructure blueprint. The first item in the array will be the first folder (eg "Structures") the second will be the second (eg "Metal") and so on.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
          I've since discovered how adding snapping points work and some basic functions in regards to manipulating them, and will be testing either later tonight or tomorrow with gates to see how it would work. Once I have it down pat a little more, I'll look into a tutorial for adding, removing and modifying them.

          -WM
          Would be interested to read such a tutorial, as i'm trying to figure out how i might go about creating equilateral triangle foundations and ceilings/roofs (So i could make something like this https://i.imgur.com/f80aK9v.jpg ). I'm brand-spankin-new to modding, so any advice/tips/etc will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

          Comment


            #20
            for me it wont work :/ i tried it with Torch and Storage box but somehow im not able to place the items.. anyone have a idea what im doing wrong?

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by xPreeMode View Post
              for me it wont work :/ i tried it with Torch and Storage box but somehow im not able to place the items.. anyone have a idea what im doing wrong?
              Make sure you did the step: "2.2 Expand Additional Structures to Place, click +, and add your MyStandingTorch" in your PrimalGameData_BP_Yourmod.

              And also" "5.4. Locate Structure->Consumes Primal Item, and change it to PrimalItemStructure_MyStandingTorch"

              The two things above will prevent the crafted item from being placed.

              I built a mini fabricator using this guide for a mod I'm working on and it works 100% perfect. Make sure you have done every step and it should work without issues.
              Last edited by P0k3r; 12-08-2015, 09:38 AM.


              My Mods | P0k3r's Workshop

              Comment


                #22
                I would not be able to mod without instructions like these so thanks a lot, Also thanks to DerfK2 for additional info above on making items craftable inside a crafting station.

                In step 5.3 it says to change the field to MyStandingTorch_Placement_Emitter, but there's no preceding step where we actually make that emitter, so I just kept the default "GenericStructurePlacementEmitter", and the mod works fine.

                Also, step 6.2.2., I think it "MUST match items in 5.2.1" only at the beginning of the list, with new items at the end of the list since you also want additional items allowed in the inventory that are not fuel, right?

                To Exilog's point, an early tutorial (here) from the ARK dev's had us add items directly to the "Master Item List" and add blueprints to "Engram Blueprint Classes." According to the video, engrams appear in the game in the same order in which they appear in "Engram Blueprint Classes", so that's how you can organize them. Maybe new items are added to the master list, and only new structures need to be placed in "Additional Structures to Place"?
                Last edited by duke54; 12-10-2015, 10:38 PM.
                Trampolines Mod
                https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ext=trampoline

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by duke54 View Post
                  I would not be able to mod without instructions like there so thanks a lot.

                  In step 5.3 it says to change the field to MyStandingTorch_Placement_Emitter, but there's no preceeding step where we actually make that emitter, so can I just leave the field with the default "GenericStructurePlacementEmitter"? I'm wondering if the generic emitter is best to use when creating new structures.
                  These instructions are kind of old, I think a few things may have changed since this was written. I did not edit the placement spawn emitter on my fabricator and it works 100%.

                  Edit:
                  After looking at the placement spawn emitter, it appears it mainly just determines the sound and generates the little puff of dust that is generated when you place the item. Only reason I can see you would need to edit that one is if you wanted to change or disable the sound & the puff.

                  Also, from what I have experienced so far with my limited experience is that you really only need to copy/link the files you will be editing. If you are not editing that particular reference, it seems to be fine if you leave it default.
                  Last edited by P0k3r; 12-09-2015, 09:15 PM.


                  My Mods | P0k3r's Workshop

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Ok, I'm new to this whole modding thing, but I'm having an...interesting phenomenon. I followed the steps in this post to a T and now when I try to place my modded item, instead of placing it, it is consumed like food or ammo. Any ideas on why this happen?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hi, yes I am a complete nub. Dumbest question ever but how do you compile and save? You have it after practically everything you do and I am literally trying this tutorial as the first thing I am doing in the editor. I am just attempting to make a copy of a simple metal pipe. I see save options all over the place but I have yet to find the compile or understand what it does.
                      Thanks.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        When you open any blueprint (file inside editor) the window that pops up will have the compile and save buttons in the top left
                        Kronos' Trade Center | http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=603370998

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Thank you Ionic_ovrdose for that info.

                          Also a huge thank you to DerfK2 post #18 for that incredibly useful info...That needs to be coppied into the OP for sure.

                          I think I am making some headway here, Thanks again.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            6.1.2. Right-click delete PrimalInventoryBP_StandingTorch

                            I am attempting to do this on a copy of the water tap object and I am not able to. The hover tip that pops up on mine says "Inherited PrimalInventory..." and the details tab when click on the asset shows no information at all. When I right-click the inventory component delete is grayed out. I am thinking this has something to do with the parenting but hoping you can make it more clear. The result is that I have no option to delete the inventory. I don't even want to replace it. I just want no inventory on this item. Please help.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by LuapYllier View Post
                              6.1.2. Right-click delete PrimalInventoryBP_StandingTorch

                              I am attempting to do this on a copy of the water tap object and I am not able to. The hover tip that pops up on mine says "Inherited PrimalInventory..." and the details tab when click on the asset shows no information at all. When I right-click the inventory component delete is grayed out. I am thinking this has something to do with the parenting but hoping you can make it more clear. The result is that I have no option to delete the inventory. I don't even want to replace it. I just want no inventory on this item. Please help.
                              You can't delete components from Childs, only copies.

                              -WM
                              Workshop: My Workshop
                              ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I see...well Every item I have made I selected copy. They still seem to have parents.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X