• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azunai View Post
    even manual upload with steamcmd doesnt work for "some" reason
    https://goo.gl/fgoUU5
    this is what happens

Comment

I've got it working now but only if I place the .vdf file and referenced picture in the same folder as steamcmd.exe. Seems like I'm stuck using that now instead of the dev kit upload.

Comment

Yeah sorry this does not work. The devkit overwrites any changes made to the db file. So if you lose the settings somehow like I did. You are going to have to not use the devkit uploader.

Comment

Every time I update my project I have to use the dev kit and upload with a new file Id as a hidden file. Then I edit the .vdf file with the correct file id and use steamcmd to upload again. Then delete the duplicate with the wrong ID. It works for me every time, but really this needs to be looked into as it seems to be a hack way of making an update.
          Research and Development: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=507355109

Comment

what is GUID?
            do I need to clear this?

Comment

Guys, don't use the DevKit steam uploader.

1) Go to your \Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\SteamCMD folder.
              2) Create a new batch file called "UpdateMyMod.bat"
              3) Add a single line in your batch file: "steamcmd +login [yourSteamusername] [yourSteampass] +workshop_build_item "[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\ModConfigs\[yourmodname].vdf""

You can edit [yourmodname].vdf to any values you want.

For example, my .vdf file has this.

"workshopitem"
              {
              "appid" "346110"
              "contentfolder" "[yourpath]\Epic Games\\ARKDevKit\\ModTools\\Output\\Ultra-Realism"
              "previewfile" "[yourpath]\\Epic Games\\ARKDevKit\\ModTools\\Output\\Ultra-Realism\\preview.jpg"
              "visibility" "0"
              "title" "Ultra-Realism: Total Conversion"
              "changenote" "Beta release 201.6(4)"
              "publishedfileid" "505962979"
              }

When I'm testing my mod, I create a second batch file that has a different publisherid... this way I can test new versions with a different mod id... without overwriting my last published mod that people use.

"workshopitem"
              {
              "appid" "346110"
              "contentfolder" "[yourpath]\Epic Games\\ARKDevKit\\ModTools\\Output\\Ultra-Realism"
              "previewfile" "[yourpath]\\Epic Games\\ARKDevKit\\ModTools\\Output\\Ultra-Realism\\preview.jpg"
              "visibility" "2"
              "title" "Test-Dev Ultra-Realism: Total Conversion"
              "changenote" "Test release 201.6(5)"
              "publishedfileid" "xxxxxxxxx"
              }

Notice that I use the same cooked folder output... I'm just uploading the changes to a different, hidden steam mod... so i can test without messing up my last good published version to the main steam mod I use.

Hope this helps.
              Last edited by JasonFJ; 08-31-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

would be cool if the devs actually added the above into the ADK, a secondary steam upload for the same mod (Live and dev-test)
                If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
                Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

Originally posted by JasonFJ View Post

3) Add a single line in your batch file: "steamcmd +login [yourSteamusername] [yourSteampass] +workshop_build_item "[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\ModConfigs\[yourmodname].vdf""

You can edit [yourmodname].vdf to any values you want.
                  Thanks, that's amazing not having to type it out every time!

I can't get a 'Test' version to upload using this method though, i get a file not found error if I'm not using my proper mod ID - any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonFJ View Post

I love you!
                    Mod Author: [Dome of Death]
                    "Are you good? Try it!, This is a big challenge to you, just you without the help from to your dinos, big difficult and awards inside!"

Comment

I figured it out, the cook deletes the image files which prevents the upload so I changed the path of my images
                      Last edited by Lanthanum; 05-09-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X