Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem creating new placeable structures

hi,

I´m trying to implement a new structure (lets say a new air conditionor). So I copied the airconditionor_bp the PrimalItemStructure and the EngramEntry into a new mod folder. The item is in the game now, I can give it to myself and drag&drop it in the hotbar. However when i press the assigned key to place the structure, nothing happens :C

PS: Structure to Build is set

Please help me out!

As of v187, you should use the new "Additional Structure to Place" engram in your Game Data, instead of the StructurePlacer.
    Last edited by JasonFJ; 07-20-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Didnt knew about the StructurePlacerBlueprint! You made my day!

Comment

When you identify a blueprint you want to change, right click the original and view the reference viewer. It will give you an idea what things reference that blueprint and what it references to give you an idea what you need to update.
        Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

Hi guys im having the same problem, maybe you could show me where ive gone wrong. just trying to make a heal box. so you can heal faster around this. i have the engram working for the new item, but when i go to place it in the world it doesn't place.

i copied these files into my mod folder:
          PrimalItemStructure_AirConditioner
          EngramEntry_AirConditioner
          AirConditioner
          PrimalGameData_BP_GenericMod
          StructurePlacerBlueprint

in PrimalItemStructure_AirConditioner
          Changed "structure to build" from Air Condition, to point at my copied Airconditioner(this breaks the green outline of the to be placed structure). changed crafting reqs to 1 thatch, and removed all other requirments.i

since i got it craft-able i assume that PrimalGameData_BP_GenericMod, PrimalItemStructure_AirConditioner, and EngramEntry_AirConditioner are set up right. would i need to edit these for the placement of the air conditioner in the world?

in StructurePlacerBlueprint i added a new Placeable Structures element, now 147 elements(was 146), and targeted the Copied AirConditioner. saved and closed. was that all i needed to do in there?

Comment

As of v187, you should use the new "Additional Structure to Place" array in your GameDataBP, instead of the StructurePlacer.
            Last edited by MustangDood; 07-20-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

@tomjoe
              I have changed "Consumes Primal Item" in AirConditioner Blueprint to the right PrimalItemStructure

Comment

Awesome guys, thanks a million!
                Ill keep up to date on those patch notes.

Comment

Working...
                X