No announcement yet.

Logs and the need for exposed code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's me wishing you good luck in your endeavor.

Comment

here is solution how to get name of instigator and causer
      Click image for larger version

Name:	damage_with_names.png
Views:	1
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1082620

Comment

Did this go anywhere? I'm fairly desperate for logging on my own server and I haven't had much luck with the blueprints listed here - anyone have a good example of logging working?

Comment

Im keen for info on this as well!

Comment

getting players and who killed who should be in the SofT files somewhere.

for logging, as a workaround one could pipe the logging through RCON and have the rcon tool save it ( not sure if one can hook into rcon at all though )

Comment

I got the hit logging working but was unable to save it anywhere since I could not find any RCON related BP nodes and savetofile isnt supported by BP, only C++

So basically no, it's impossible as far as I am aware at the moment and will be until they expose RCON to mods, or let us use code as well as BP

Comment

Instead of saving it to file...
                Could we instead have it report the Kill to Global chat and then have an RCON save that log?

Comment

The SotF release should shed some light on this crucial functionality as they apparently enabled combat logging for SotF?

Comment

i wasted my time looking at the sotf pretty much everything is graph locked and functionality is next to none... eg. i try to make things but i (A) cant edit my own things in the base graph (power consumption ect) (B) cant edit there stuff properly (make a ladder exit point 1700 and climb it to see what i mean) (C) can get 3/4 of the way through something before u realise u cant pull an event or something is already graphed or u just plainly cannot do it with all these restrictions... so in turn short of rewriting the game to be able to do anything extensive im prob better putting the kit down for a couple of months till they actually give us either info or unlock the stuff they said they would... u can only do as much as they want u to nothing more
                    Creater of Btac Remap http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=491313948

For questions or help see me on teamspeak @ 223.252.38.169

Gankey ind. doing stuff right the first time <3

Comment

Has anyone conquer this?

I am looking to see when tamed dinos are getting killed to log them in some way

Comment

Working...
                      X