Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARK Dev Kit Update Notes! (Current: 222.6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a problem with this

AdditionalStructureEngrams += InMergeCanidate->AdditionalStructureEngrams;

i made 2 mods both use it and work alown fine... but if i use them together it only uses the AdditionalStructureEngrams from the first in the list

Click image for larger version

Name:	28l2cQk.png
Views:	1
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1083047
    Last edited by Exilog; 08-01-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Remapping items does not work for bullets... I've remapped SimpleRifle, Adv Bullet, Adv Rifle Bullet and now the weapons won't take the newly mapped ammo.

Comment

It still pops up as ERR404 for me, and im signed in with URE4 creds

Comment

Originally posted by Sovaka View Post
          So you've added no custom items? Just remapped whats there?
          Extra items/structures/whatever go into extra resources if nothing else points to them (ie no engrams). If you are replacing something, you just remap the item. If its a new item/structures/whatever that has a recipie, you just add it to the additional engrams list. You do not touch masteritemlist. There is no need. The only exception to this is rare scenarios where you must do so to prevent a crash (ie compound bow in a loot crate since it seems they did not give us a gamedatabp original with the compound bow in it by default). There may be edge cases where the remap array doesn't update every candidate it should, but I've yet to experience any problems personally (but my mods are simple). The easiest fix for bullets is to just ensure that the bullet you created is a child of the original (if at all possible) for your new ammo. This will ensure it can be used in whatever weapons its parent can be.
          Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

Drathek,
            Thanks for the info but this isn't whats required.
            The 'Extra Resources' doesn't allow the spawning of the item.

The only way I can see of doing this... is to put it on the 'Master Item List'.

Comment

Drathek,
              Thanks for the info but this isn't whats required.
              The 'Extra Resources' doesn't allow the spawning of the item.

The only way I can see of doing this... is to put it on the 'Master Item List'.
              Not a single thing in either of my mods uses master item list. You can believe me or not, but you do not need to use master item list. In the case of torchboost, I have 2 cheat only items that only appear in two locations: additional structures to place, and extra resources.
              Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

It's not that I am arguing your point.

It's that I have tried what you suggested and it isn't working.
                I've placed my new items in the 'Extra Resources' and I cannot spawn them.
                I don't have engrams pointing to them because I don't want every player to have access to them.

Comment

Alright guys, this one really has me stumped. I created a mod using the remap arrays to replace base engrams and base items with my modded versions. On single player mode the mod works just fine, but when I load the mod into my dedicated server everything appears to work except I can't learn any of the engrams for any of the engrams or items I modded. They are grayed out and I can select them, but clicking the learn engram button does nothing. I tried several different types on syntax on my commandline for loading the mod, including (?ModId=) (GamemodID=) (modIDs=) (ModID=) (ActiveMods=) I even didn't specify a mod at all since it's only one mod with a map that references TheIsland and it didn't work. Once again it works just fine in singleplayer so why would it mess up in a dedicated server?

Comment

Not sure, but I have in the GameUserSettings.ini for my server the amended line of;
                    ActiveMods=<modnumber>

And that loads my mod fine.
                    As for the engram learning... Sounds like you haven't got a link in there correctly with a New or Remapped Engram.

Comment

Not sure, but I have in the GameUserSettings.ini for my server the amended line of;
                      ActiveMods=<modnumber>

And that loads my mod fine.
                      As for the engram learning... Sounds like you haven't got a link in there correctly with a New or Remapped Engram.
                      I'd be right with you there, except that my mod works just fine in single player. There are some other funky bugs on the dedicated server too, like I can't whistle anymore. I guess what I want to know is what changes between single player and dedicated server? I've run the dedicated server in multiple ways with the same results. I must be missing something that the game uses naturally when you launch into single player. So does anybody know? Why would a mod launched in single player not function properly when launched in a dedicated server?

Comment

is your mod the only mod used on the dedicadet server ?

Comment

Originally posted by Satoron View Post
                          I'd be right with you there, except that my mod works just fine in single player. There are some other funky bugs on the dedicated server too, like I can't whistle anymore. I guess what I want to know is what changes between single player and dedicated server? I've run the dedicated server in multiple ways with the same results. I must be missing something that the game uses naturally when you launch into single player. So does anybody know? Why would a mod launched in single player not function properly when launched in a dedicated server?
                          Ive run into some similar issues. I've used the new functionality in 190 to add engrams to pre-existing structures.. While it "works" the old instance of the item, smithy for example, has to be created new on the server for it to pick up the new engram recipe. I may be doing something wrong though
                          Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

Comment

Originally posted by ComplexMinded View Post
                            Ive run into some similar issues. I've used the new functionality in 190 to add engrams to pre-existing structures.. While it "works" the old instance of the item, smithy for example, has to be created new on the server for it to pick up the new engram recipe. I may be doing something wrong though
                            Yeah, I had the same idea and it worked perfectly in singleplayer with the mod, but as soon as I attempted it on the dedicated server (with clean restart even) the engram remaps didn't work. My workaround was to move the engram management to the serverside by modding the .ini.(Override engram thing) When I did this the engrams worked and the item remap array made the items crafted through the engrams into the items I wanted so everything there is now hunky dory. I just can't whistle. In all of my modifications I never purposely modded anything to do with whistling except MAYBE the playertestpawn if whistling has something to do with that. What confounds me is that the mod works great in singleplayer, but not on a dedicated server and it doesn't make any sense to me. If I knew the difference between launching a mod in singleplayer versus launching it on a dedicated server I'd have something, but all I have now are guesses.

Originally posted by Exilog View Post
                            is your mod the only mod used on the dedicadet server ?
                            Yup, my mod's the only one.
                            Last edited by Satoron; 08-03-2015, 03:21 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

So is the update to devkit coming today or is it supposed to be out? I'd want to update my mod to v.193, but the devkit is still version v.190.

Comment

the update is live, try looking in your steam download if it's not in wait

Comment

Working...
                                X