Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARK Dev Kit Update Notes! (Current: 222.6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a little confused, is the ark dev kit now at 188 or still at 187.2. Was it just notes for 188.0

"7/21/2015: ARK Dev Kit v187.2 has been released"

Comment

7/22/2015: Added new "SmallIsland" example level, which is a fully functioning outdoors ARK Survival level but at a much smaller scale, to help you analyze how everything is setup: the sky, the IBL probes, the water postprocessing, the NPC Spawners and Supply Crates, all the core stuff is in that tiny little example map now, which can be cooked and uploaded to Steam Workshop, modified, expanded, whatever you want

Comment

Thank you so much for this.

Comment

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
          Note:
          Later today we'll upload to the ARK Dev Kit the following Maya Source Rigs:
          FPV Hatchet
          FPV Pistol
          FPV Bow
          Male TPV
          Female TPV

This will make it much, much easier for modders to create new animations for the first person weapons and third person characters (as well as make new meshes that are rigged to those skeletons, if they wish).
          We'll probably add the currently-released dino sources and the rest of the FPV weapons later too, but this is a start at least

Cheers,
          Drake
          Hello,
          I don't know if I'm going blind or just need some sleep, lol, but I can't seem to find these files. If anyone has the path to them I would appreciate it.
          Thank you for the small island example, it will be very helpful.

~Q~
          --- Remote View CCTV - Here --- Arkhammer 40k (warhammer 40k total conversion in progress) - Here --- Gizmodian blade pack, modder's resource - Here
          Join me in the Ark Modding IRC: Server: irc.quakenet.org Channel: #arkmodding Or Here for easy web chat

Comment

They're being uploaded right now

Comment

7/23/2015: Added "\ARKDevKit\Model And Animation Sources", which contains most of the Maya core character rigs/skeletons/meshes used in the game, as well as the animations, so you can make new animations or make new meshes that use the existing rigs, or modify the existing meshes!

Comment

That's great! - Thank you! I'm sure they will be very helpful! I'll dig into them tonight and see what I can learn.

~Q~
                --- Remote View CCTV - Here --- Arkhammer 40k (warhammer 40k total conversion in progress) - Here --- Gizmodian blade pack, modder's resource - Here
                Join me in the Ark Modding IRC: Server: irc.quakenet.org Channel: #arkmodding Or Here for easy web chat

Comment

Hello,

Wanted to say thank you again for the source rigs! I was able to get past an issue that had me blocked for a long time now on the first shot. I can feel the floodgates opening . . .

~Q~

Comment

Following links on Github get 404 error, am logged into Git as well as UE4.

Comment

@StudioWildcard :

a really good update would be to be able to play an outdate version of ark. (not forcing the update at launch, so we can stay in 189 even after 190 is up and play.)

for server host it will be possible to not update their server before the mod did the maj ensuring the best experience and compatibility for players . (for now the server host need to do the maj or else no players can play on it )
                      and even for not mod server, it would allow some of the private serv to still be playable even if the server host is not updating for various reasons. ( like work too )

otherwise great work ! with all theses updates i'm sure you are overflowing with work so good luck

Comment

@StudioWildcard

1) I don't know if this was added recently (maybe in the small island), but is there a water plane with no holes without the need to use a 3D tool to create it?

2) Is there a way to get out hands on the TGA files for the spawn map and player map? Also is there a way to specify the map starts from point A to B to mark the actual map location.

Comment

Originally posted by TakoMT View Post
                          1) I don't know if this was added recently (maybe in the small island), but is there a water plane with no holes without the need to use a 3D tool to create it?
                          The small island also has holes but I linked a file and instructions on how to fix that in this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-or-something)

Comment

When is the new Ark dev kit update? People are saying they can't get the feeding though engram when using my mod because my mod still runs off of the dev kit version 188 and the Ark game is already 189.
                            Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by salcarr View Post
                              When is the new Ark dev kit update? People are saying they can't get the feeding though engram when using my mod because my mod still runs off of the dev kit version 188 and the Ark game is already 189.
                              There are drastic changes coming in the next dev kit to allow stacking mods so until the development of the devkit itself eases up it will likely fall behind the main game.
                              Creator of the ARK mods TorchBoost, PogLoot, and DinoWipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Drathek View Post
                                There are drastic changes coming in the next dev kit to allow stacking mods so until the development of the devkit itself eases up it will likely fall behind the main game.
                                Thanks for the info, look forward to it.
                                Mod Creations for Ark Salcarr's Workshop.

Comment

Working...
                                X