Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inquiry on how to edit Foliage spawns & add new foliage

Hi there,

I've been working on a mod that adds a new species of plant into the game. I've managed to add all the assets in, add the new blueprints for the harvesting components, etc etc. The only thing I cannot figure out how to do properly is; how to edit the spawns for the foliage (I think they are just located on the submaps for theisland from my poking around), but the problem is, the foliage that is in the submaps are not on any landscape, and therefore I cannot paint new ones in using the foliage paint tool.

As I mentioned above, I've figured out everything besides the actual editing the spawns for foliage, just cannot seem to figure out this last part. Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help shine some light on how one would go about editing the foliage spawns.

Note: this would be for modding any map. Specifically in my case just modding theisland.

Thank you

- Sinari
    Last edited by HeatHass; 07-07-2015, 08:10 PM. Reason: Note update

Going to quote a dev post from another thread as to how to do this:

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Open the "Levels" tab via the Window menu, and then double click on the other "zoned" Sublevels to load them -- and of course, if you "Play In Editor" it will automatically load the corresponding zone maps in-game via the World Composition Tile Streaming system
    Once you load each of the sublevels, you'll be able to toggle visibility and "see" the various foliage layers.

Example: http://gyazo.com/3e843a76b71075ea419c318bd5d6c7fe

Comment

Originally posted by pushedx View Post
      Going to quote a dev post from another thread as to how to do this:

Once you load each of the sublevels, you'll be able to toggle visibility and "see" the various foliage layers.

Example: http://gyazo.com/3e843a76b71075ea419c318bd5d6c7fe
      Edit: Thank you I got it I think

Comment

Working...
      X