Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I extracted the executables to where they were needed, but I keep getting sent to playark.com/worksh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I extracted the executables to where they were needed, but I keep getting sent to playark.com/worksh

What must I do to actually start up the dev kit?

EDIT: The Binaries folder is missing from the engine folder ever since the update.
    Last edited by WarlordOfRome; 07-07-2015, 04:56 PM. Reason: Gain more info

Binaries and Plugins folders are contained within the GitHub-download you are supposed to extract.
    It's now approx 415mb instead of 240kb.

Comment

where do you extract these files?

Comment

Place both those folders "binaries" and "plugins" in the "engine" folder within the Ark Dev Kit in steam
        DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

to dev kit engine folder, match with the one from github

Comment

Can anyone do a step by step for this? I've been at this for hours already.

I have the ARK Dev Kit installed.
            I have the Zip file from Unreal EU4 or whatever it is and see the files in the locations described.
            I have GitHub and Git Shell on my system as well.
            I also have linked my Unreal and GitHub accounts.

So... why isn't this working? I find the directions are scattered, like afterthoughts. For people new to this sort of thing, there really needs to be a "for Dummies" version.

Any time I go to launch the ARK Dev Kit, it takes me to the site telling me how to get the program. So, what's missing?

Yeah, I'm ranting. I'm extremely irritated with this.

Comment

My devtoolkit is installed in the following folder
              E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\ARKDevKit

The download from github i downloaded by downloading it as a zip file, this zip file is called "Ark-Dev-Kit-release.zip"
              inside this zip archive there is a folder called Engine

Extracting Engine into your ARKDevKit should result in two folders having updated files
              Binaries
              Plugins

This should allow you to start up the SDK.

Comment

Working...
              X