Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial: Getting Started with the ARK Dev Kit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it normal for your fortnite on epic games to stop working

Comment

Hey guys i want make a very big map for ARK more than Ragnarok. Ragnarok is 113x113 Km, what is the max size that i can make? And i want make some new dinos from 0, but all times i export a 3D model from Blender into Unreal Engine it imports only model without materials and textures, how can i export materials?
      ty in advance

Comment

Originally posted by XZAN1974 View Post
        got it sorted guys ty .. seems i was just a bit impatient after waiting 10 mins once linking them and then reopening the sites it worked . :-)
        I'm experiencing the same problem, but waiting has not solved it. I've made both an UE4 account and a GitHub account. I've entered in my Github username into my UE4 profile, but the link to the ARK UE editor remains a 404 error. Suggestions?

(As a side note: the tutorial should be updated to indicate the account linking process. As it stands, it sounds like you just need to log in to the UE website and makes no mention of a Github account or linking the two. Obviously, it explains this in the comments, but if I have to look at the comments to clarify the 2nd step of your tutorial, then your tutorial needs work.)

Comment

Does this have the ability to import custom models for armor, dinos, custom items etc ?

Comment

takes so long to download

Comment

How can i use my own minimap (pressing "M") and the map on the respawnscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by AtropianDefender View Post
                Does this have the ability to import custom models for armor, dinos, custom items etc ?
                Yes
                Originally posted by HMR11 View Post
                takes so long to download
                Yeah, gotta make sure you have room too. by the time you set up your first mod to start it is going to take about 160 GB of space overall. I recommend an SSD to make asset loads times faster. (They will take a long time to load up)
                Originally posted by MoritzSheesh View Post
                How can i use my own minimap (pressing "M") and the map on the respawnscreen?
                This would be something to make a new post for I think. (If searching the thread history doesn't yield anything useful)
                Maybe one of the mapping folks would be able to shed some light on this

Comment

broken link
                  https://github.com/StudioWildcard1/Ark-Dev-Kit

Comment

Originally posted by srfausto View Post
                    Install the devkit from the Epic launcher. do not use the github

Comment

cool mod maker

Comment

Comment

Hi, I got a little problem, I made a UE4 account, a github account, same name same password, I linked them to each other but I still can't open the link without a 404 error.

And do I also have to download the Ark Survival Evolved thing from Epic Games Launcher Modding section? It's 126 Gb xD

Comment

我去
                            都市外国佬

Comment

can i make a team with 3 players in ARK ?

Comment

Working...
                              X