Need help with gameusersettings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with gameusersettings

Hey guys i have a small problem with a GameUserSeetings in my Blueprint.
    It works on single player but not at servers and i have no idea why is it so.
    I hope you can help me.

Here is my graph:
    Attached Files

Hello, can you give a bit more information of what the setup is? What kind of actor is this BP you are working in? (Primal structure, Primal buff, etc)

My initial suggestion is to insert into the execution just after your `Event Begin Play` is a `delay node (0.2) ` -> `SwitchNetAuthority` and from the switchnetauthority connect the dedicated server and player server pins to your cast node.

EBP often needs a slight delay to avoid some oddities, this is just a thing with ark mods.

The gamemode only exists on the authority/server, so if for some reason this actor is only being created on the client this will not work, it has to exist server side. Likewise, the servers gameusersettings file is the one that has to contain the config data.

Comment

This is from the tek shield, is also a structure.

Comment

This should work for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	tek generator shield.png
Views:	2
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1467614
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help but it is the same it don't works on server.

Comment

That is interesting, see if you can get it working like this
            Click image for larger version  Name:	new Tek Generator.png Views:	1 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	1468132
            The difference here is that, first we get the "Game World", from that we get the "Game Mode" before
            casting to "Shooter Game Mode". I don't know why, but i see lots of WC code, directly using the
            Get Game Mode, and then casting to Shooter Game Mode, but for some reason in my mods
            i always had to use the "Get Game World" first. Possibly the other method cannot be used in mods
            but i'm not sure.
            Last edited by fullbanner; 04-29-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Is the same it not working on servers. Any other ideas?

Comment

I decided to cover this in the official video tutorials for this week. so hopefully this helps you out. Make sure to also watch the videos on replication if you aren't familiar with it, because if the clients need to know about these values you will have to replicate it out.

Last edited by ZenRowe; 05-15-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X