No announcement yet.

Making your game moddable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently finishing a game and i was looking at making my game easy to mod so can someone be kind enough to summarize if this is possible without requiring a IQ of 300 + from modders?

If modders have experience with UE4 then is this enough for them to make content for my game or does it require a lot of work on my side to facilitate the task for them?
    Last edited by Polynut; 12-03-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I came across this thread and wanted to drop a line about mod.io. It's a company that aims to make modding simple with their platform agnostic tools. I did a livestream with them earlier this year if you're curious about it:

Comment

I know this will sound Unreal but is there a better forum to ask question about modding since no one answer my previous post for more than a week?

Comment

• VictorLerp commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Poly, take a look at mod.io and the livestream I linked above.

I'm guessing modding support was abandoned? wish there was a proper guide to doing it. also MOD.io is not user friendly and their documentation made my head hurt.
        Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
          I came across this thread and wanted to drop a line about mod.io. It's a company that aims to make modding simple with their platform agnostic tools. I did a livestream with them earlier this year if you're curious about it:
          That's very interesting, thank you for the info! I'll watch the video soon and consider the mod.io for my next project.

I'm new to the modding stuff, so as an example, let's say we have a simple brick building system in our game. We want to allow users/players to create their own creations with these default bricks and share them with others, so others can easily load them into their games. Will something like that be possible with mod.io? Or is there a better method for that?
          ... I know that I should ask the mod.io guys and I'll do it soon, but maybe someone here already uses this platform?...

Comment

Working...
          X