Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Build rules for 4.25 - UE4Rules.dll not found

Hey all.

I noticed that there is no BuildRules Folder anymore in 4.25.
    The folder still excists for 4.23 and 4.24.
    Anybode knows where this is gone?

Also RemoteCompiling is not working with 4.25
    With 4.24 or 4.23 everything is fine.

Is the error I get related to the BuildRules folder?Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	503
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1757924

Best

David

hey Raztal I thought I was the only one with this problem, I solved it just now, I am building with my PC using my Mac remotely, so I do not know if it will work for you. Anyhow, I did a build first for windows, that forces UE to create that UE4Rules.dll file and then I was able to build for iOS no problem.

yeah some times is hard to believe how epic create so many previews before the release and then bum you cannot build for iOS anymore.

Well hope that helps

Cheers

Comment

Hey ZkarmaKun, thanks for the answer.

"Good" that I am not the only one with this issue.
      I am also using a Win10 PC and a Mac remotely.
      I try a windows build and see if it helps.

Thanks

David

Comment

Okay I tried a windows build for 64 bit, worked.
        Then I tried an iOS build again: same error:

So I guess I just wait till they fix their engine..
        After the build for windows, I still dont have folder for the BuildRules. I really dont get it.
        Remote Building with 4.24 working fine.

Comment

hey I forgot to mention, but remove the intermediate folder from your project. that will avoid conflicts, also I actually always remove that, build and saved, to avoid any kind of conflict

Comment

UE4Rules.dll

whole /BuildRules/ folder is missing from 4.25 binary, you could try downloading 4.25 from github and copy paste those to appropriate folders to your binary. I really dont know how they missed that.

Comment

I submit this bug to them days before, but still not get any feedback now. I think they did too less tested on iOS when a new Version of UE4 published.

Comment

Hi, every one

I tried to fix this issue by this way:

Copy the whole folder from windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.25
                to Mac: '/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealEngine/4.25

and make sure the folder and files in your Mac has the right Permission for remotebuild user.

Done, build successful.

So far so good. Hope this wil works fine without any other issues.

Cheers
                Last edited by Dev.Leo; 05-11-2020, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luoyeshu View Post
                  Hi, every one

Copy the whole folder from windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.25

and make sure the folder and files in your Mac has the right Permission for remotebuild user.

Done, build successful.

Cheers
                  That workaround fixed this issue.
                  Many thanks!

I also did a mistake, and copied to the wrong folder (MacOSCatalina/Library/ApplicationSupport)
                  instead of the UserName path. There should also be other folders (in my case 4.23 & 4.24) next to the new 4.25 folder.
                  Also check the permission (Save&Write for everyone worked for me here) and apply to enclosed items.

Cheers

David

Comment

Hi Guys.

Do you find the sound laggy and weired after update to 4.25 on the iOS Device? I am in the trouble of this problem see here.

I don't konw if these 2 bug related.

Comment

I submit this bug days before, and it is not on the https://issues.unrealengine.com/ I don't konw why they ignore it.

Just think about it, if this bug exist here, it proved that no one has test UE4.25 remote build from windows to iOS device during the 7 previews, and it means unless they all use mac to do the develop and test job ( I don't believe that) or they even did not test on iOS device at all until 4.25 published formally.

If they did at least once they will need to remote build and they will find out this bug rihgt?

I am so warried as an UE4 iOS developer. EPIC did so less test work on iOS, when I update to 4.25, I already fixed and submited 3 bugs they are all iOS related. Every thing is fine on windows Editor. And I still working on a weird sound bug for days it is also an iOS Only. I hope EPIC could take more care on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by luoyeshu View Post
                        Hi, every one

Done, build successful.

Cheers

Thank you,

I'm a complete mac noob so it took a while to find the library folder as it was hidden but it worked for me.

Comment

This is also still an issue in 4.25.1 Not to mention other errors preventing remote build that we were not experiencing on 4.24. Another workaround I found was installing 4.25.1 from the launcher on the Mac too.

Not the best workflow for a remote build process as you now have 2 versions of the engine installed on the machine rather than the version remote build takes with it to the Mac.
                          David Gillespie
                          Associate
                          Foster + Partners

Comment

Seems like they ignore this heavy issue. They don't care about iOS at all. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Raztal View Post

That workaround fixed this issue.
                              Many thanks!

I also did a mistake, and copied to the wrong folder (MacOSCatalina/Library/ApplicationSupport)
                              instead of the UserName path. There should also be other folders (in my case 4.23 & 4.24) next to the new 4.25 folder.
                              Also check the permission (Save&Write for everyone worked for me here) and apply to enclosed items.

Cheers

David

This also worked for me.
                              So my remote Building is now working from my Windows 10 PC to remote Mac.

However, when I run the app on my iPhone, i see that the app is completely black.
                              It looks like it did'nt load any textures or something?? I can see the joysticks but not my level as it is completely black.

I must say that the support for mobile development in UE4 is so poor that I am now beginning to think about switching to Unity.

Comment

Working...
                              X