Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CloudKit for iOS and tvOS implementation for Blueprint Only Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I think not many people develop for tvOS so nevermind
    There is no documentation about it on the internet.
    It is exactly the same as for iOS.
    It is even the same App in App store connect.
    But tvOS can't save/load anything from the load/save blueprint nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiefsignal View Post
      But tvOS can't save/load anything from the load/save blueprint nodes.
      Really? I guess that means everyone needs to do a cloud save system then.

Comment

Yes this is true.
        Apple wants the tvOS app to have a correspondent iOS app and that its progress is synced via iCloud.
        This is also a must have in order to sign up for apple arcade. (iCloud sync and support for iOS, tvOS and macOS)
        There is no persistent storage locally on an Apple TV.
        See this short documentation provided by Apple.

https://developer.apple.com/library/...udStorage.html

Comment

Changed "async load game" to normal "load game", now works fine. When press load button, load back the last save fine.
          The save game is still the "async save game to slot" version.

Comment

The fact that tvOS can't save/load seems to be a known Issue, although there wasn't enough demand yet to fix it earlier.
            Target Fix now is 4.25.1

See here:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-84842

Comment

The cloudkit ha some limitation for using, like database, request / sec...
              This limits / container ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hermyth View Post
                The cloudkit ha some limitation for using, like database, request / sec...
                This limits / container ?
                Im not sure if I fully understood your question
                Do you want to know if there are some limitations, regarding the amount of requests you can make to the cloudkit database?

I didn't find any limitations so far. I think as long as you just fetch the Ue4 file which has not a big file size you can do that as many times you want.
                But let me know if you find more Information about Cloudkit limitations.

Comment

https://developer.apple.com/icloud/cloudkit/

Scroll down.

Comment

Do you run into that error, the app stuck at loading screen, and need to close, restart 3-4 time to run normally?
                    I got this error since added cloud save.

Comment

Do you run into that error, the app stuck at loading screen, and need to close, restart 3-4 time to run normally?
                      I got this error since added cloud save.
                      No I don't get that error.
                      I tested it on 4 different iOS devices and all work fine.
                      Are you using 4.24 as well?

Comment

Yes, 4.24.3
                        How much time you try to load game from icloud? I try two time with 0,2 sec delay, maybe thats not enough, as i see the loading is the problem.

Comment

I try it 5 times also with 0,2 delay. I know this isn't a nice setup but it works very well. Do you have your "cast failed" output pin of the "Cast to Save Game" Node also connected to repeat loading? Because it happens sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiefsignal View Post
                            I try it 5 times also with 0,2 delay. I know this isn't a nice setup but it works very well. Do you have your "cast failed" output pin of the "Cast to Save Game" Node also connected to repeat loading? Because it happens sometimes.
                            Thanks, then i will try it with 5-6 time too. Not problem if not nice setup, if works.
                            I copyed the full loading nodes from "load game" -> "cast to" etc after the cast failed of the first failed cast. looks ugly. And im load the UI only if cast success.
                            This is why i got only blank screen sometime.

Comment

And as i see, sometime not works the saving 100%, need to save 3 value, but sometime save only 2.

Comment

And as i see, sometime not works the saving 100%, need to save 3 value, but sometime save only 2.
                                I never experienced this issue so far. Very strange.

But it finally works on tvOS!!
                                I just exported it again and now it syncs cross platform which is awesome!
                                Again, I have no Idea what I did different this time.
                                Although there is a severe bug, where it doesn't sync the first time I open the App. Then it overwrites the cloudfile with zero progress on the next save. So I can't differ wether there is no cloudsave so far or it just can't read it. A Blueprint callback Node that would let you know wether it was able to read the cloudfile or not would be helpful!

But Epic will improve it at least for tvOS in the next Update:
                                https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-84842

So there is hope

Comment

Working...
                                X