Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS Deployment Without Paid Developer Account Won't Work

Hello Dear Community-Members,

For days now I am trying to find out what I'm doing wrong but it seems like I can't find the right solution.
    I am new to the Unreal Engine and currently trying to figure out how all of it works. I downloaded the Epic Zen Garden and the Sun Temple example project off of the "Engine Feature Samples" and wanted to deploy them on my iPhone, but I can't. I read about 10 possible solutions but none of them really worked and somehow there are several ways to handle this matter so I wanted to ask you to eventually share your workflow regarding building apps on iOS using Unreal.

My setup:

Unreal 4.23 and 4.24
    iMac 2017 with OS Catalina 10.15.1
    iPhone XR with iOS 13.3
    Xcode 11.3

As the title mentions, I am trying to find a solution without having to spend $99 for the Paid Developer Program.

What I did so far:
    I've opened up Xcode and created a new project. I automatically signed in with my free developer account, used an bundle identifier and deployed the app on my iPhone. What happened now is that a provisioning profile and a certificate is created.
    I then switched back to Unreal, opened the project settings -> iOS and used the same bundle identifier like the on in the Xcode project.
    The mobile provision and certificate show "valid" and I also checkmarked them.

I then choose my device within Unreal under "Launch" and 2 error messages pop up saying "Provision not found" "Signing key not found".
    When I try to launch through Launch -> Project Launcher -> iPhone I suddenly receive following error:

ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt '/Users/myName/Documents/Unreal Projects/SunTemple/Binaries/IOS/SunTemple.target'. Check that this target has been built.

So what am I doing wrong? This solution came up the most while searching for ways to handle this problem.

I would be thankful if anyone could share his steps. Please note that I am trying to do it without having a paid developer account.

Best regards
    Daniel

Where did you get the idea it would be possible without a paid developer account?

Comment

Working...
    X