X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xcode 11 no match with ios 13.1.2

Hi

(Sorry for my English)

I had update my ios to 13.1.2 and i have xcode 11.
    When i build with unreal engine i have this error :
    Launch failed to launch on device. Make sure your install of Xcode matches or is newer than the OS on your device.

All package build but no launch. Before the Ios upgrade, that s works fine.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks

Have you tried going with the project launcher with iOS/Development/On the fly settings ? Or, if you're going for a distribution build, an iOS/Shipping/By the book ? These work for me, even though I see a few red lines flying by in the output log. Things have changed for UE4 with the latest updates of iOS, but all is not lost (at least to me and I wish you as much).

Also, I have succeeded more than once by relaunching after a fail without changing anything in the project. It's as if the launcher creates missing files as it goes but doesn't take them into account during that pass. It will find them in a second attempt and complete its work. This explanation is worth what it's worth, but the process can nonetheless work for you.

You may have to reboot your device after a successful launch if the app crashes. It's another thing that I experienced with iOS 13.1.2.

Make sure you run Xcode after installing/upgrading it from the App Store. It has more stuff to install. This is pretty basic, but I'm a beginner.
    Last edited by upTheo; 10-03-2019, 03:35 PM. Reason: More things to consider

Comment

Reinstall XCode 10. Follow this guide: https://medium.com/@hacknicity/worki...e-e331c01aa6bc

Comment

Do we know if installing Xcode 10 will deploy to an iOS 13 device?
        Traditionally, you could not deploy to a device directly unless Xcode has support for that device in its list of supported systems.
        One way you could get around this is to build a shipping version with Xcode 10 or 11, then use something like TestFlight to push it to your device, or something like this script:
        https://junecloud.com/software/mac/re-sign-ios-app.html

-Chilton

Comment

The issue is that XCode 11 isn't supported by UE yet, I'd wait for at least hotfix 1 before even trying it more than once.

You can indeed deploy to iOS 13 with XCode 10.

Comment

Okay thank you all I understand.
            Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
            The issue is that XCode 11 isn't supported by UE yet, I'd wait for at least hotfix 1 before even trying it more than once.

You can indeed deploy to iOS 13 with XCode 10.
            Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
            Reinstall XCode 10. Follow this guide: https://medium.com/@hacknicity/worki...e-e331c01aa6bc

I will try with Xcode 10 but i think it will not works with ios 13 or that's much difficult to me to Reinstall Xcode 10

Thanks for all

Comment

Nah it's trivial. Easiest IDE install I've ever done. And XCode 10 definitely works with UE and iOS 13, that's what we're all using.

Comment

Ok nice, that's launch fine now with xcode 10.3. Thanks Antidamage

I choose Xcode 10.3 in Xcode > Xcode Preference > Locations > Command Line Tools.
                Now when i launch my app on ios after build, i have a black screen after the launcher screen

Comment

Thanks, Antidamage. It does work much better with Xcode 10. So far, no relaunching on top of a failed launch or reboot of device needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Caltelus View Post
                    Ok nice, that's launch fine now with xcode 10.3. Thanks Antidamage

I choose Xcode 10.3 in Xcode > Xcode Preference > Locations > Command Line Tools.
                    Now when i launch my app on ios after build, i have a black screen after the launcher screen
                    Time to get into the console and find out why it's crashing.

Comment

Hi

Yesterday the build not work with Xcode 11.0 et Xcode 10.3
                      This morning i don t know why, that s works fine to build with 11.0 and 10.3 but, black screen after launch on Ios.

So i saw the update to xcode 11.1 but not work too.

in the device >> open console from Xcode i see this in log :

* CFSM dynamic black list returning
                      i don't undesrtand what a CFSM and why black list

after that, no log

Comment

I have installed Xcode 11.1 too and it works fine for me, either in development mode or shipping mode. My only issue is with video used as a material in AR. That doesn't work with any version of Xcode I have on my computer (10.2.1, 11.1 and 11.0 before yesterday's update). My test devices are both running iOS 13.1.2 (iPhone 8+ and iPad Pro 12.9).

Comment

Okay i see upTheo. So that's in my build or how i create the package.

In the log when i launch on the Iphone 7 i see this too :

[UE4] Project file not found../../../Procjectname.uproject

Comment

Caltelus I have the same problem as you (a black screen after launch on iOS), and I also have the same error message in Console ( [UE4] Project file not found../../../Projectname.uproject ).

Have you been able to fix this yet?

Comment

Your next step is to get the device console, find the error, search in the codebase for it and see what causes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X