Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I am right, precomputed visibility isn`t actually working for anybody in any mobile build...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am right, precomputed visibility isn`t actually working for anybody in any mobile build...

Precomputed visibility doesn`t work on Andoid or iOS packaged builds. What is up with that? Maybe I am wrong but this feels like some kind of dirty secret to me at the moment.

All I can find is this... https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-3634
    Last edited by Bernessas; 09-13-2019, 09:15 AM.

I have to apologise to Epic. I felt that the inner workings of precomputed visibility were intentionally being kept from me... This was not true... I did not realize my mistake. The documentation clearly states that the precomputed visibility volume needs to encompass the whole area that the player can access. Mine didn`t. It only enclosed the area where the highest concentration of actors were. What happens then is that when the player is spawned at the player start and the player start is not inside a precomputed visibility cell, precomputed visibility will NOT work from there... DUH...:-) I have seen the light...

Comment

Thanks for sharing your solution! I'm glad you worked out what was going on!

Comment

Working...
      X