Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i implement real time multiplayer from gamecenter with ue4 online subsystem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CosmicLobster View Post

Interesting. Does it work with UE4s usual multiplayer workflow, replication and such ?
    Or are you setting everything up yourself, sending data back and forth?
    Sadly i have to implement everything myself. My games are simple so it has been less harder than i thought. The only issue is that with 4.22 the socket.io plugin has a bug

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DonFrag View Post
    im using socket.io for multiplayer. it works ok
    Interesting. Does it work with UE4s usual multiplayer workflow, replication and such ?
    Or are you setting everything up yourself, sending data back and forth?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im using socket.io for multiplayer. it works ok

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DonFrag View Post
    ok and how can i implement turn based multiplayer?
    the Unreal Engine way of course:
    No tutorials, a few "documentation" artifacts. Stumbling through blueprint nodes and UE4 source code, a lot of trial and error, and maybe if you're lucky, getting an answer in forums or answerhub with a comment from a friendly engineer writing it's all so simple and trivial, one should just learn C++ and Objective-C to program an own plugin.
    Welcome to UE4!

I'm not trying to be a d***, just sharing two years of the Unreal Engine experience...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok and how can i implement turn based multiplayer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sadly Unreal Engine does not support GameCenters realtime multiplayer. Only turnbased multiplayer, like a game of chess.

Leave a comment:

• How can i implement real time multiplayer from gamecenter with ue4 online subsystem?

In looking for a way of creating a multiplayer game for ios with a client creating a game as server and using game center for multiplayer features. I have googled and some post say that this doesnt work with mobile games, other say that it can be done mdifyng the engine, but future versions could handle it, etc.
Working...
X