Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still possible to deploy BP only direct to device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still possible to deploy BP only direct to device?

Is it still possible to deploy a BP only porject to device on Windows? Seems to have been broken for me for a couple of engine versions now?

Error: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Binaries\IOS\Rockety3.target'. Check that this target has been built.

LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 1.518974
    LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable)
    LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000062
    LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
    You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
    UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

(Ironically seems to deploy fine on mac without using xcode)
    Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 02-26-2019, 10:17 PM.
    https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

[UPDATE] Looks like 4.22 gets closer:

: Running: g:\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\DeploymentServer.exe Deploy -manifest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Saved\StagedBuilds\IOS\Manifest_DeltaUFSFiles_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxP63GFGB7.txt" -device All_iOS_On_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7 -additionalcommandline "-SessionId=CE3C808943C72730C8D90EBEDB8366
    8D -SessionOwner="bob" -SessionName="Launch On Device" " -bundle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    LogPlayLevel: Failed to create deployment server process (The system cannot find the file specified)
    LogPlayLevel: Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:41000
    LogPlayLevel: at DeploymentServer.Program.ClientLoop(TcpClient IsServiceRunning, String[] Args, String LocalCommand) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\DeploymentServer\Program.cs:line 940
    LogPlayLevel: Took 9.4359121s to run DeploymentServer.exe, ExitCode=0
    https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Look if a folder like Intermediate/Source exist? Likely it contains source files and the Rockety3.target. If your project is not a code project, you should delete this folder to get rid of this ERROR.

Comment

OptimisticMonkey, Did you find a fix for this? I have the same issue...

Comment

me too, dont know how to fix this....

Comment

The issue is still there...4.25.1

Code:
            LogPlayLevel: ********** DEPLOY COMMAND STARTED **********
            LogPlayLevel: Running: E:\UnrealEngine\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\DeploymentServer.exe Install -ipa "E:\UnrealProjects\iosagain\Binaries\IOS\iosagain.ipa" -device All_iOS_On_DESKTOP-73864OC -additionalcommandline "-SessionId=45BBCAA543A0C989115F5FB1CE63821F -SessionOwner="nnn" -SessionName="Launch On Device" "
            LogPlayLevel: Creating Deployment Server ...
            LogPlayLevel: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:41000
            LogPlayLevel: at DeploymentServer.Program.GetServiceClient(String LocalCommand) in D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\DeploymentServer\Program.cs:line 689
            LogPlayLevel: at DeploymentServer.Program.ClientLoop(String[] Args, String LocalCommand) in D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\DeploymentServer\Program.cs:line 986
            LogPlayLevel: at DeploymentServer.Program.Main(String[] Args) in D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\DeploymentServer\Program.cs:line 1137
            LogPlayLevel: Took 53,9074862s to run DeploymentServer.exe, ExitCode=-532462766
            LogPlayLevel: Command failed (Result:-532462766): E:\UnrealEngine\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\DeploymentServer.exe Install -ipa "E:\UnrealProjects\iosagain\Binaries\IOS\iosagain.ipa" -device All_iOS_On_DESKTOP-73864OC -additionalcommandline "-SessionId=45BBCAA543A0C989115F5FB1CE63821F -SessionOwner="Yari" -SessionName="Launch On Device" ". See logfil
            e for details: 'DeploymentServer-2020.06.10-18.29.10.txt'
            LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=-532462766 (-532462766)
            LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 112.967875
            LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
            PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Unknown Error

Comment

I have the same issue. I have a blueprint-only project and I have followed the tutorial many times now.
              I have tired:
              1. In my last attempt I created a new project with just the basic content in it and tried to launch on the iPad (which is connected to the Windows computer via USB). Still I am getting the same error message. i.e. SocketException.
              2. Deleted and recreated all certificates from Apple's Developer site. The provision and certificate are green so I don't think this was ever an issue but I tried it just in case. I got the same error again
              3. I've tried on another iPad Pro. Both devices are listed in the Devices section on Apple's Developer site. Same error again.
              4. Then I run IPhonePackager (both as user and as admin) and tried to "Install IPA to hardware" under "Advanced Tools". No go.
              5. In Iphonepackager I then tried "Advanced tools" -> "Other Deployment Tools". In the new pop-up (where all connected devices should be shown) there is nothing. In the command prompt I get the error message "IPP ERROR: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified. \n\n IPP ERROR: Enumerating devices failed"
              6. I disabled all firewalls, etc and retried 4 and 5 with no change in the error messages.

At this point I'm completely at a loss as to what else to try. Has anyone had any luck with this? Or any other ideas on what to try? Initially I thought it was something from my project that was causing the issue. Now I created a new project with the 2 chairs and the table and tried to export that.

Any help or ideas are more than welcome.

Thank you.

Comment

First time posting here because this problem is 1) Seemingly impossible, and 2) Completely ridiculous. Why would it be such a massive headache to put a game made for phones onto a phone? I have the exact error message as above, "Unhandled Exception..." ending with, "PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Unknown Error". I did everything everyone else did, everything. If so many people have this problem, why is there no solution?

Comment

Working...
                X