Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARKit 4.18 preview 1 - official IOS 11 and XCode 9 - camera feed red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Thanks for this tutorial. Do you know how to add shadows on objects using 4.18 preview4?

Comment

Hey guys. You need to change material type to post process. just easy as that.

Comment

Why am I getting a green feed after using the material function? Did I do something wrong here?

Comment

I don't know if it's because of the 4.18.3 hotfix, or not - but if you remove all video feed backgrounds cube that you've created (based on Epic/Apple's documentation for implementing ARKit, this is what you were supposed to do) - it actually works for portrait and landscape. So actually - you don't need anything but a player with a camera that does hit tests. No need for fixes for color and stuff, too. Tested on iPhone 8 with iOS 11.2.2 and UE4.18.3

Comment

Shaisa thanks! I got closer but now I can't see any game objects once the ARKitMaterial is applied to the camera as a post process. Without the post process I still get a black screen in 4.18.3

Comment

nicksava do you still have this issue? I would double check permissions (e.g. additional plist data) and other settings in project settings involving AR and mobile.

Comment

Working...
              X