Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARKit 4.18 preview 1 - official IOS 11 and XCode 9 - camera feed red?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by omigamedev View Post
    I'm trying to make it spawn some cubes on touch, but even thought I spawn them I can't see them.
    I have the same problem. Did you fix this?

    ** Found solution **
    I had to "Fix up redirectors in folder". Maybe it will also help you.
    Last edited by ND_Dwight; 09-24-2017, 11:27 AM. Reason: Found solution

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
      After i install 4.18p1,why i cannot see the applearcamera in the component list?
      You do not use AppleARKitCamera in 4.18 p1, it has been removed, you just use a standard Camera component

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by ND_Dwight View Post

        I have the same problem. Did you fix this?

        ** Found solution **
        I had to "Fix up redirectors in folder". Maybe it will also help you.
        i have the same issue too...
        is there a guide on how i can spawn actors on touch in 4.18?since many ar specific nodes disappeared from 4.17
        thanks a lot!

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
          is there a guide on how i can spawn actors on touch in 4.18?since many ar specific nodes disappeared from 4.17
          thanks a lot!
          Sure.
          There is a handy video on YouTube. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FAl6v0ax0) It shows, how to spawn actors at around 12:19. Even though it was made with 4.17, it's still usable. I attached how I did it in 4.18 preview1.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by ND_Dwight View Post

            Sure.
            There is a handy video on YouTube. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FAl6v0ax0) It shows, how to spawn actors at around 12:19. Even though it was made with 4.17, it's still usable. I attached how I did it in 4.18 preview1.
            thanks for the reply.actually i have tried this, almost the same blueprint, but after i install the project on my iphone7p,if i touch on the screen nothing spawns actually.but i'm sure the nodes get called because the print string works after the trace success...i really don't know what i'm missing...

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by hls333555 View Post

              Thanks for the reply.I have tried this, almost the same blueprint, but after I install the project on my iphone7p,if I touch the screen nothing spawns actually.But I'm sure the nodes get called because the print string works after the trace success...I don't know what I'm missing...
              I have the same problem. I did the same method and BP but cant see the cube.
              Anyway, i just want to make sure that you use ARkitCameraMaterial as a post process of the camera and having no sky and video box?

              Edited: ***finally, I can spawn a cube and see it by just restart Unreal engine, and it's all work fine!
              Last edited by bestspangya; 09-25-2017, 03:46 PM.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by hls333555 View Post

                thanks for the reply.actually i have tried this, almost the same blueprint, but after i install the project on my iphone7p,if i touch on the screen nothing spawns actually.but i'm sure the nodes get called because the print string works after the trace success...i really don't know what i'm missing...
                Hmm... I have tried to spawn 6 different Actor blueprints with each having a pre set static mesh component. The different meshes have the same material and are created inside Unreal (cubes that vary in size). Now that I try to spawn them, some spawn and some don't.

                I tried to spawn them in the same way in a non AR environment, and it works perfectly.

                I now also don't know what's missing or wrong. Could it be a bug?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by ND_Dwight View Post

                  Sure.
                  There is a handy video on YouTube. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FAl6v0ax0) It shows, how to spawn actors at around 12:19. Even though it was made with 4.17, it's still usable. I attached how I did it in 4.18 preview1.
                  after further investigation,I have found that if i disable the post process material and leave the camera red, the spawn works but with strange location, if i enable the post process material ,i cannot see the spawned actors anymore...

                  Comment


                    #24
                    So in regards to AR. I've deployed test project following simple setup with cube placing.

                    Material function done by skyphyr works, no red screen
                    Placing cubes following simple OnTouchEvent setup from within level blueprint seems to spawn actors in the world but transform is all messed up, to me it doesn't seem like AR is working here.



                    App seems to run only in landscape, swapping to portrait breaks aspect ratio.





                    Would appreciate any insight from Epic Staff, since most likely we're not dealing with engine issues but wrong setup.
                    VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Shin_ji View Post
                      Would appreciate any insight from Epic Staff, since most likely we're not dealing with engine issues but wrong setup.
                      Hi Shin_ji,

                      It would be best to keep this thread on the topic of the red tint rendering issue, which we are still looking into and will likely be entering a bug for soon. I see that you have made an Answerhub post for your particular issue here so we'll have someone look into that issue and respond there.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I accidentally left the ARKit material off of the camera and off of the world background, and everything works much better. Just black nothingness in the level seems to do the camera passthrough just fine if you "Launch in AR". I don't notice any tint issues at the moment. Using 4.18p2
                        Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by omigamedev View Post
                          I keep testing and I just found out that there's no need for the material, if you remove all the backgrounds (sky and box) and you leave the black it will be filled with the video feed automatically, but to me it looks quite dark, not sure why.
                          Hi Omigamedev, any luck fixing the dark camera feed?
                          I am having the same issue

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by BGuerreiro View Post

                            Hi Omigamedev, any luck fixing the dark camera feed?
                            I am having the same issue
                            Nope sorry, I gave up at the moment. I'll wait for the implementation to be complete, because it's clearly in preview.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              4.18p3 here. Turned on Mobile HDR based on a friends test and camera image looks brighter.

                              Looks like the AR plug-in is disabled by default in p3. Had to remote build to get it on phone on win10.

                              Any clues on why Portrait mode is weird?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I saw a check in for FOV fix for upcoming portrait/landscape so hopefully that will be fixed in p4 or final (whatever is next) it did mention an upcoming hot fix so may even be 4.18.1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X