C++ project not working correctly in HTML5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C++ project not working correctly in HTML5

In my project I've made a couple Blueprint nodes in C++ to save to/load from a text file. When I package to a Windows EXE the game runs as expected, with the saving/loading working correctly. When I package to HTML5 I don't get the same results. The game runs and there are no errors as far as I know, but the saving/loading doesn't work. I've created a new project to see if it's just the project, but I get the same results. It seems writing to and loading from an external file with C++ in HTML5 isn't working. Is this caused by HTML5 not supporting these C++ features, or am I doing something wrong?

Kdd9000,

Please post a question on AnswerHub for additional assistance. Be sure to include as much detail about the issue you're running into, including screenshots, logs, anything you can think of that would help us resolve the issue quickly for you.

Thank you!
    Twitter @UnrealSamantha
    Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

No. You can't do that. Try porting your C++ to JavaScript. You could take a look at this project that claims it can convert C++ code to JavaScript. I have never tried this myself.
      Otherwise, you could write a CGI to use your C++ program and use AJAX to "remote execute it"..
      Custom Software Development
      http://www.ifourtechnolab.com/custom...re-development

Comment

Below i'm sharing with you the common C++ mistakes a developer do . I hope this can help you in any way.
        1) Developers usually use " new" and "delete" pair incorrectly.
        2) In some cases developers forget the virtual destructor.
        3) Now this is a very common mistake i.e deleting the array with delete or by using a smart pointer
        4) One mistake is returning a local object by references.
        5)Using as a reference to a deleted resource.
        6)Usage of "auto_ptr" incorrectly
        7) When we pass an object with value

Comment

Working...
        X