Publishing HTML Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publishing HTML Project

Is there any documentation out there for how to publish my HTML project to a site? I have not done this with a UE4 project yet, so I'm not sure where to start. I have my HTML project working and can test it locally. I know there are some free hosting sites out there. Are there any where I can upload my project to test before I get into buying a domain? I just honestly have no idea how to go about doing this, so any tips would help.

DMHokie
    Technically all you have to do is to place it on your server and access it normally, although I could not make it work when I Published for HTML5 and uploaded to my test website.
    The workaround I found was to use the files generated when you Launch the game ( ProjectName/Binaries/HTML5).
    This is true for UE4.19 (MacOS)

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
    RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
    TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

I'm trying to push for an HTML5 change that removes any HTML/CSS dependencies from the published game. In other words, the ideal published game would just slide right into websites without affecting the look and feel (HTML/CSS). For example, with the exception of the Full Screen button, I've got the other content in a separate file. Please see the attached images.

Luckily, I have since been able to establish (limited) bidirectional communication from JavaScript and UE4 C++ code. For example, the game is paused until the player presses an HTML button (Start Game), which calls a C function that communicates with the GameMode class. Additionally, as the score changes, the Playerstate class calls a JavaScript function to update the score, which again, is shown as an HTML control.

Comment

Ah ok. I tried testing it out with one of the free ones, like Wordpress, but they all don't seem to allow FTP access. I was hoping I could at least test it out on something like that before I took the plunge and registered a real domain, since I am not very familiar with HTML stuff.

Comment

I would like to do the same thing. Is there any easy way to do it?
          Thiet ke web chuan SEO tại Vietnode.com.

Comment

Working...
          X