Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4 is available for Win10 UWP app dev now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jerry.Richards View Post
    I just pulled the repository and tried to perform a fresh build:

    Code:
    16>Module.ShaderCacheTool.cpp
    16>E:\UEUWP\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\Mac\ShaderCacheTool\Private\ShaderCacheTool.cpp(66): error C2039: 'MergeShaderCacheFiles': is not a member of 'FShaderCache'
    16>E:\UEUWP\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Runtime\ShaderCore\Public\ShaderCache.h(142): note: see declaration of 'FShaderCache'
    16>E:\UEUWP\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\Mac\ShaderCacheTool\Private\ShaderCacheTool.cpp(66): error C3861: 'MergeShaderCacheFiles': identifier not found
    Is anyone else encountering this?

    Any recommendations is appreciated.
    You shouldn't need to build the Mac ShaderCacheTool for Windows platforms. You can safely ignore this error for UWP work.

    From the looks of things this problem might also exist in the mainline? Certainly I'm not aware of any changes in this area that are specific to the UWP fork.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ZeJudge View Post
      Hi,

      I'm receiving the following error when trying to compile for the first time in VS2015:

      Code:
      c:\svn\ue4uwp\engine\source\runtime\d3d12rhi\private\D3D12Residency.h(22): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dxgi1_6.h': No such file or directory
      I'm unable to continue due to this error, has anyone seen this before? I am unable to find any mention of this on the forums or google.

      Windows 10 SDK 14393 installed.

      I tried installing the latest Win10 SDK but no joy from that either so I uninstalled it.

      Thanks,
      Jon
      We've picked up some changes to the DX12 RHI that rely on newer (post-14393) versions of DXGI. For desktop these are included in the ThirdParty folder, but for UWP we try to get everything from the Windows SDK and 14393 doesn't have what's needed. Later SDKs, however, are not supported with VS2015, which would explain why your attempt to upgrade didn't fix the problem. I only recently became aware of the issue and I'm still thinking about what the best path forward is. In the meantime to workaround your problem you can either upgrade to VS2017 (most future-proof) or else make some engine edits to avoid compiling the D3D12RHI (assuming DX11 only meets your needs).

      Comment


      • I'm trying to visit the repo linked in this thread (https://github.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-AT...OFT_UWP_UNREAL) and I'm getting a 404. It looks like people have visited in the past couple of days. Is it just me?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jsyarrow View Post
          From the looks of things this problem might also exist in the mainline?
          That was my first thought too. I'm assuming you're not encountering the error.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jsyarrow View Post

            We've picked up some changes to the DX12 RHI that rely on newer (post-14393) versions of DXGI. For desktop these are included in the ThirdParty folder, but for UWP we try to get everything from the Windows SDK and 14393 doesn't have what's needed. Later SDKs, however, are not supported with VS2015, which would explain why your attempt to upgrade didn't fix the problem. I only recently became aware of the issue and I'm still thinking about what the best path forward is. In the meantime to workaround your problem you can either upgrade to VS2017 (most future-proof) or else make some engine edits to avoid compiling the D3D12RHI (assuming DX11 only meets your needs).
            Ah that explains a lot. Thanks!
            qubegame.com
            Q.U.B.E. on Facebook
            Q.U.B.E. on Twitter
            Q.U.B.E. on YouTube

            Comment


            • Originally posted by phearbot View Post
              I'm trying to visit the repo linked in this thread (https://github.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-AT...OFT_UWP_UNREAL) and I'm getting a 404. It looks like people have visited in the past couple of days. Is it just me?
              You need to sign-in to Github. And link your epic account to github

              https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github

              Comment


              • Whats the best way to use Xbox Live? Do we implement everything inside C++ with VS from here:
                https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-visual-studio

                or do we use built in functionality like the Blueprint node "Show External Login UI"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jerry.Richards View Post

                  That was my first thought too. I'm assuming you're not encountering the error.
                  I actually do see that error if try to build the entire sln. But typically I don't do that - mostly I just build specific pieces relevant to UWP dev (primarily game projects and UAT, with the other necessary bits coming in via the dependency chain).


                  Originally posted by fkrstevski View Post
                  Whats the best way to use Xbox Live? Do we implement everything inside C++ with VS from here:
                  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-visual-studio

                  or do we use built in functionality like the Blueprint node "Show External Login UI"
                  The fork contains an OnlineSubsystem implementation that targets Xbox Live. While it's not primarily intended for Creators Program titles you should still be able to get some benefit out of it. Make sure to enable the OnlineSubsystemLive plugin for your title, fill in the Xbox Live related fields in the UWP page of Project Settings, and ensure that your app's final identity matches what's shown in Windows Developer Center (you can use the Package/Identity/Name and Package/Identity.Publisher fields in the UWP Project Settings page to control this in a platform-specific way). Once the configuration is done you should be able to use that Show External Login UI node. And if you hit issues there's a fair amount of good info sprinkled around earlier pages of this thread.

                  Comment


                  • Please help

                    Build game for UWP issue

                    Code:
                    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
                    Error        Failed to start local process for action ("The system cannot find the file specified"): C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\makepri.exe createconfig /cf "C:\Users\dubin\Documents\Unreal Projects\UWP_FPS\Intermediate\Deploy\priconfig.xml" /dq en /o    UWP_FPS    C:\Users\dubin\Documents\Unreal Projects\UWP_FPS\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC    1
                    Same when I try to build for UWP32, UWP64 and same when I try tu build in Visual Studio

                    I'm using VS 2017, Windows SDK '10.0.16299.0'

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenisDubinin View Post
                      Please help

                      Build game for UWP issue

                      Code:
                      Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                      Error Failed to start local process for action ("The system cannot find the file specified"): C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\makepri.exe createconfig /cf "C:\Users\dubin\Documents\Unreal Projects\UWP_FPS\Intermediate\Deploy\priconfig.xml" /dq en /o UWP_FPS C:\Users\dubin\Documents\Unreal Projects\UWP_FPS\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1
                      Same when I try to build for UWP32, UWP64 and same when I try tu build in Visual Studio

                      I'm using VS 2017, Windows SDK '10.0.16299.0'
                      It is going to work after installation old Window SDK
                      Windows 10 SDK (ver. 10.0.14393.795) and Microsoft Emulator for Windows 10 mobile

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jsyarrow View Post

                        We've picked up some changes to the DX12 RHI that rely on newer (post-14393) versions of DXGI. For desktop these are included in the ThirdParty folder, but for UWP we try to get everything from the Windows SDK and 14393 doesn't have what's needed. Later SDKs, however, are not supported with VS2015, which would explain why your attempt to upgrade didn't fix the problem. I only recently became aware of the issue and I'm still thinking about what the best path forward is. In the meantime to workaround your problem you can either upgrade to VS2017 (most future-proof) or else make some engine edits to avoid compiling the D3D12RHI (assuming DX11 only meets your needs).
                        Hi jsyarrow,

                        Thanks for the information before, I'm almost there with a complete compile although I'm now receiving the following error:

                        Code:
                        cl : Command line error D8004: '/FU' requires an argument
                        Using the latest Windows 10 SDK. I have both VS2015 and 2017 installed and compiling with either has the same result. What would you suggest?

                        Thanks,
                        Jon
                        qubegame.com
                        Q.U.B.E. on Facebook
                        Q.U.B.E. on Twitter
                        Q.U.B.E. on YouTube

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ZeJudge View Post

                          Hi jsyarrow,

                          Thanks for the information before, I'm almost there with a complete compile although I'm now receiving the following error:

                          Code:
                          cl : Command line error D8004: '/FU' requires an argument
                          Using the latest Windows 10 SDK. I have both VS2015 and 2017 installed and compiling with either has the same result. What would you suggest?

                          Thanks,
                          Jon
                          I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but you might find the change in this PR helps diagnose the issue.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jsyarrow View Post

                            I actually do see that error if try to build the entire sln. But typically I don't do that - mostly I just build specific pieces relevant to UWP dev (primarily game projects and UAT, with the other necessary bits coming in via the dependency chain).




                            The fork contains an OnlineSubsystem implementation that targets Xbox Live. While it's not primarily intended for Creators Program titles you should still be able to get some benefit out of it. Make sure to enable the OnlineSubsystemLive plugin for your title, fill in the Xbox Live related fields in the UWP page of Project Settings, and ensure that your app's final identity matches what's shown in Windows Developer Center (you can use the Package/Identity/Name and Package/Identity.Publisher fields in the UWP Project Settings page to control this in a platform-specific way). Once the configuration is done you should be able to use that Show External Login UI node. And if you hit issues there's a fair amount of good info sprinkled around earlier pages of this thread.
                            Make sure to enable the OnlineSubsystemLive plugin for your title:
                            - To do this I set EnabledByDefault to true for \Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemLive\OnlineSubsystemLive.uplugin
                            - I added OnlineSubsystemLive to PublicDependencyModuleNames for my project, inside Project.Build.cs file
                            - Finally I added the following to my project's DefaultEngine.ini

                            [OnlineSubsystem]
                            DefaultPlatformService=OnlineSubsystemLive

                            Once I build my project I get a bunch warning and errors, please see attached image. Any ideas?

                            If I remove the dependency to OnlineSubsystemLive inside my build.cs file it compiles just fine.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	1397410



                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ZeJudge View Post

                              Hi jsyarrow,

                              Thanks for the information before, I'm almost there with a complete compile although I'm now receiving the following error:

                              Code:
                              cl : Command line error D8004: '/FU' requires an argument
                              Using the latest Windows 10 SDK. I have both VS2015 and 2017 installed and compiling with either has the same result. What would you suggest?

                              Thanks,
                              Jon
                              Ok, this was caused by a typo in the generated command line options for me.

                              The end of the build command looked like this "-waitmutex-2017", instead of "-waitmutex -2017". I've been compiling with a custom script since then, but I believe one of the recent commits fixes this issue.

                              The one crazy caveat, though, is that you must delete Intermediate and Saved before attempting to build again!

                              -Brandon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by fkrstevski View Post

                                Make sure to enable the OnlineSubsystemLive plugin for your title:
                                - To do this I set EnabledByDefault to true for \Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemLive\OnlineSubsystemLive.uplugin
                                - I added OnlineSubsystemLive to PublicDependencyModuleNames for my project, inside Project.Build.cs file
                                - Finally I added the following to my project's DefaultEngine.ini

                                [OnlineSubsystem]
                                DefaultPlatformService=OnlineSubsystemLive

                                Once I build my project I get a bunch warning and errors, please see attached image. Any ideas?

                                If I remove the dependency to OnlineSubsystemLive inside my build.cs file it compiles just fine.
                                Those errors look like you're building OnlineSubsystemLive for an Editor configuration. To avoid this, you should remove the reference from your build.cs and instead enable the plugin by listing it in the plugin collection in your uproject. That should make sure it's only on for the proper platforms and configurations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X