Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4 is available for Win10 UWP app dev now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    What about achievements & In-App Purchases support?
    Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

    Comment


      #32
      Great news! It would be nice to have an official support from Epic too. And it would be nice to have uwp open source too of course!

      Comment


        #33
        So ,has anyone managed to get this built and fully tested yet ?
        It would be kind of a relief to know that I'm the only one having issues getting everything working.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by MrNexy View Post
          So ,has anyone managed to get this built and fully tested yet ?
          It would be kind of a relief to know that I'm the only one having issues getting everything working.
          i have got it built but i cant export uwp apps with out problems and i dont know how to add my xbox to unreal so i can test

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by towe102productions View Post
            i have got it built but i cant export uwp apps with out problems and i dont know how to add my xbox to unreal so i can test
            So we're pretty much in the same boat then. You won't be able to package for the xbox through the editor unless you have the XSDK installed. Getting that is a matter of having a workable product and being an accepted part of the ID@XBOX program.
            What might work and what I'd like to test out, is compiling and packaging for UWP32 or UWP64 and installing it on the XBOX via the dashboard while it's in dev mode. The hope is that is should function as it would be a UWP application and you can test those on an XBO in dev mode.

            As far as technical limitations are concerned, the engine should be able to run on the XBO in dev mode. If I can build my prototypes and run them on my GalaxyS5 at 60fps then I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. This of course depends on the amount of time and energy MS XBOX ATG is willing to put into developing and maintaining this branch.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by MrNexy View Post
              So we're pretty much in the same boat then. You won't be able to package for the xbox through the editor unless you have the XSDK installed. Getting that is a matter of having a workable product and being an accepted part of the ID@XBOX program.
              What might work and what I'd like to test out, is compiling and packaging for UWP32 or UWP64 and installing it on the XBOX via the dashboard while it's in dev mode. The hope is that is should function as it would be a UWP application and you can test those on an XBO in dev mode.
              I don't know if you need the XSDK for this. Let me check with the team now.
              Tech Evangelist & video game person at Microsoft | @DaveVoyles
              Other games I've created and my UnrealScript tutorials
              Author: UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by DaveVoyles View Post
                I don't know if you need the XSDK for this. Let me check with the team now.
                Thank you kindly Dave , it is very much appreciated !

                Comment


                  #38
                  I am currently having issues packaging for UWP 32bit. I am getting the following error w/ MakePri:

                  "MakePri : error 0x80080204: Appx manifest not found or is invalid. Please ensure well-formed manifest file is present. Or specify an index name with /in switch."

                  My log looks practically identical to the build output that MrNexy previously posted. Perhaps this issue will resolve itself with the visual assets being set up correctly.

                  I am also curious if you need the XSDK/XDK for packaging to Xbox, as I am not currently part of the ID@XBOX program, but I'd love to deploy stuff to Xbox.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Perhaps this issue will resolve itself with the visual assets being set up correctly.
                    This is what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I have been unable to set any of the visual assets under the UWP Platform settings.


                    I am also curious if you need the XSDK/XDK for packaging to Xbox, as I am not currently part of the ID@XBOX program, but I'd love to deploy stuff to Xbox.
                    It sure would be fun to explore what could be achieved with the limited system resources allocated to UWP applications. I have a few ideas knocking about the place that could prove an interesting challenge

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I spoke with the team today.

                      A FAQ for all of this is on the radar, but everything is still early at the moment.

                      The project isn't designed to be built on the Xbox SDK, so it should build for UWP.

                      In order to build for UWP, the project settings must be configured so that the build process can generate a valid AppX manifest. To do so,
                      • Open up the Project Settings window.
                      • Open up the Description page.
                      • Make sure the page is filled out completely, including project name, company name, and company distinguished name.
                      • Open up the UWP page.
                      • Make sure all required images are provided.


                      More to come!
                      Tech Evangelist & video game person at Microsoft | @DaveVoyles
                      Other games I've created and my UnrealScript tutorials
                      Author: UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by DaveVoyles View Post
                        I spoke with the team today.

                        A FAQ for all of this is on the radar, but everything is still early at the moment.

                        The project isn't designed to be built on the Xbox SDK, so it should build for UWP.

                        In order to build for UWP, the project settings must be configured so that the build process can generate a valid AppX manifest. To do so,
                        • Open up the Project Settings window.
                        • Open up the Description page.
                        • Make sure the page is filled out completely, including project name, company name, and company distinguished name.
                        • Open up the UWP page.
                        • Make sure all required images are provided.


                        More to come!
                        Just this information right here is incredibly helpful, thank you for getting in touch with the team and gettings this together.
                        So far, so good I would say but for one issue that I'm facing (perhaps for lack of knowledge.)

                        Illustrated below is the UWP page mentioned in your post above, when I attempt to set the images using the usual method I am unable to select any images that I have prepared in any format.
                        The only format in the drop down is "(*.)" .

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	UWP_VisualContent_Help.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1112891

                        Is there perhaps a different method for setting these images ? Or a particular format that is required ?

                        - MrNexy

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by MrNexy View Post
                          Just this information right here is incredibly helpful, thank you for getting in touch with the team and gettings this together.
                          So far, so good I would say but for one issue that I'm facing (perhaps for lack of knowledge.)

                          Illustrated below is the UWP page mentioned in your post above, when I attempt to set the images using the usual method I am unable to select any images that I have prepared in any format.
                          The only format in the drop down is "(*.)" .

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]104458[/ATTACH]

                          Is there perhaps a different method for setting these images ? Or a particular format that is required ?

                          - MrNexy
                          this is waht i am seeing when i try and add a image Click image for larger version

Name:	33532d91c50a40215316cedfbdbc4eed.png
Views:	1
Size:	680.4 KB
ID:	1112893

                          Comment


                            #43
                            In any Windows file dialog box, you can type in the name of the file you want, even if the "file type" doesn't show the type.
                            (That's a work-around, I agree it looks like a bug!)

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by jwatte View Post
                              In any Windows file dialog box, you can type in the name of the file you want, even if the "file type" doesn't show the type.
                              (That's a work-around, I agree it looks like a bug!)
                              It is a bug in the code I am trying to fix the code and see if it works will update on what I find

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by towe102productions View Post
                                It is a bug in the code I am trying to fix the code and see if it works will update on what I find
                                Looks like they have fixed this here:
                                https://github.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-AT...8870658a83f0c9

                                Updated the file in question and rebuilding , will let you folks know how it goes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X