Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Razer Hydra Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yoohoo 4.11 is released! Waiting for this plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by ipas View Post
      Yoohoo 4.11 is released! Waiting for this plugin
      Had the preview version ready earlier so this time it's a fast update

      Update to 0.8.8
      -Changed to git flow, look for latest downloads under https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4/releases
      -Uses send controller event for late update only not tick
      -added docs url and changed load order
      -added world scaling support from vr-editor
      -dependencies moved to saner locations

      Grab the latest update here: https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4/releases/tag/0.8.8

      Let me know if you run into any issues!
      Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

      Comment


        Thanks Getnamo!!

        Comment


          4.12 Version

          Great work Getnamo, do you plan on supporting Oculus 1.3 and Unreal 4.12 eventually, since the VR Editor is already included in 4.12.

          Thanks

          Comment


            Hi getnamo
            thanks a lot for your razer hydra plugin!
            I am working on Project called "In the Shade" www.intheshade.info together with Richard Ziegler who did the programming.
            Its is my Bachelor thesis at the School of Fine Arts HBK Saar and we used your plugin to start this project.

            Comment


              Originally posted by jllabelle View Post
              Great work Getnamo, do you plan on supporting Oculus 1.3 and Unreal 4.12 eventually, since the VR Editor is already included in 4.12.

              Thanks
              The editor itself should support Oculus 1.3 as the Hydra doesn't interact directly with it. No changes in the plan to continue releasing updates on each major engine release, but only after it has graduated from preview.

              Originally posted by redhead View Post
              Hi getnamo
              thanks a lot for your razer hydra plugin!
              I am working on Project called "In the Shade" www.intheshade.info together with Richard Ziegler who did the programming.
              Its is my Bachelor thesis at the School of Fine Arts HBK Saar and we used your plugin to start this project.

              ...
              You're most welcome and that looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing this develop
              Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

              Comment


                Can't wait to try out the 4.12 VR editor with the Hydra's - hopefully this is updated sooner than later - thanks in advance!

                Comment


                  Update to 0.8.9
                  -Merged compile fixes for 4.12
                  -Updated binaries

                  Grab latest at the usual: https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4/releases

                  If you want to use the hydra as your vive wand for e.g. vr editor I highly recommend you use the Steamvr hydra driver: https://github.com/betavr/steamvr_driver_hydra/wiki which will have wider support for other apps and games too.
                  Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

                  Comment


                    Wow, thank you so much!
                    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                    And random stuff at Youtube

                    Comment


                      The 4.12 plugin works great, but I have a rather big problem. I am building a VR project and it currently support the SteamVR motion controllers and this Razer Hydra controller. When I do not have my Hydra plugged and I am using the HTC Vive motion controllers the relative position of the motion controllers stays at zero. I fact my Vive controllers ( and I think any other motion controller ) will not function when the plugin is active. This was not the case with 4.11. Is it possible to fix this ?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ipas View Post
                        The 4.12 plugin works great, but I have a rather big problem. I am building a VR project and it currently support the SteamVR motion controllers and this Razer Hydra controller. When I do not have my Hydra plugged and I am using the HTC Vive motion controllers the relative position of the motion controllers stays at zero. I fact my Vive controllers ( and I think any other motion controller ) will not function when the plugin is active. This was not the case with 4.11. Is it possible to fix this ?
                        Not sure why the hydra plugin is taking precedence though maybe it has to do with the compile fixes for 4.12 (https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4...f4ae373d64fcdd). I'm away from my vr setup for a few weeks so you may have to investigate yourself on load orders and things. Perhaps detecting the hydra being unplugged would require it to come back with not tracked in https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4...lugin.cpp#L314 and https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4...lugin.cpp#L339 linking it to the function call which detects hydra plug in/unplugged status https://github.com/getnamo/hydra-ue4...lugin.cpp#L453
                        Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

                        Comment


                          The hydra controllers needs to be on the base-station for the Vive controllers to function again. When the controllers are not on the basestation or the Hydra USB is unplugged, the motioncontrollers remains on 0.0.0 position. This leaves me kinda stuck in 4.11 at this point.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ipas View Post
                            The hydra controllers needs to be on the base-station for the Vive controllers to function again. When the controllers are not on the basestation or the Hydra USB is unplugged, the motioncontrollers remains on 0.0.0 position. This leaves me kinda stuck in 4.11 at this point.
                            If I'm understanding you correctly if you have your hydras unplugged, but the plugin is enabled it will still do 0,0,0 for motion controllers even if you have vive controllers on and working?

                            Update
                            I've found the bug, will push a commit soon with the fixes along with 4.13
                            Last edited by getnamo; 09-05-2016, 04:12 PM.
                            Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

                            Comment


                              Sorry for my very late response. Yeah.. the Hydra needs to be plugged in for the Vive motioncontrollers to work. When the plugin is enabled and the hydra is not plugged in, the position of motioncontrollers stays are 0.0.0. Great that this is fixed btw !

                              Comment


                                Hi Getnamo, were you able to push an update for 4.13?

                                Thanks kindly!
                                Senior Tech Artist - WingnutAR
                                Developing Flak Jack - A farcical WW1 Dogfighting VR shooter.
                                Flak Jack Blog - www.lippykid.com/blog
                                Twitter - @ Lippykid
                                www.lippykid.com
                                Film VFX Reel - https://vimeo.com/116944330

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X