Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Plugin] OSC for UE4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by catalejo View Post
    First, I am trying to set up my project using the inputs feature... the problem is that i am setting it with input axis, since I am sending floats... but the way these axis mapping work is that they do not go from 0 to 1, but from 1 to 1... so if i am using for example a fader in ableton live that sends OSC floats 0 to 1, then when the input axis mapping translates it as 0 = 1 and the when it reaches 0.5 it translates into 0 and then it goes up to 1 again... i tried playing with the scaling option in the input axis mapping without any success.. any suggestions?
    I agree that the input feature does not work as good as I hoped so... I ended up not using it today.
    Still, as it is the way to go in some cases (like yours), I'll try to better understand what happens with inputs in the [0, 1] range.
    Stay tuned...


    Originally posted by catalejo View Post
    here is my set up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]42341[/ATTACH]
    The problem is that even if I am filtering the executions with the switches... they actually get mixed up because the pop floats are just getting any float that is coming after a message... what is the proper way to filter them up?
    I do not see anything wrong here, except it could be more simple:
    - drop the "sequence" node
    - use a single "switch on name" node, with two outputs (both "/nano 2s" and "/voz")

    The "pop float" nodes are called only if a white connection that use them is activated. It makes totally sense to connect several of them the way you do it.

    Comment


      #62
      What is Osc?
      My Github: https://github.com/henrya2

      Comment


        #63
        http://opensoundcontrol.org/introduction-osc

        Simple and widespread.

        Comment


          #64
          Hello!
          I'm using this plugin with 4.8 and it behaves pretty strangely: when i'm running my game in editor everything works fine i can receive and send osc messages and the port for receiving is taken by UE4. however when i run it standalone or packaged UE4 doesn't even take the receiving port and doesn't send messages either, it doesn't work even when the editor is closed. what can i mess up? I've read the post of the guy who had similar problem but what he suggested didn't fix it for me.

          Comment


            #65
            4.9 version ETA? monsieur gustav maybe you could post a little tutorial on how to update to new version? Thanks!

            Comment


              #66
              Hi,
              I didn't know it does not work on 4.9 (I'm not using it yet).
              For those requests, I suggest to post an issue on the Github, because it is easier for me to know what's left to do.
              Anyway, I'll try to do it soon.

              I cannot really post a tutorial to port to new version, because it changes all the time!
              Generally, the API simply changed, so I have to adapt.

              If you want to help, you can try to port it yourself (generally, it is not that hard) and let me know about your fix.


              Cheers,
              Guillaume

              Comment


                #67
                Anyone have a quick dirty tutorial for this?

                Using 4.8 and Windows 10

                I'm trying to get OSC from MaxMSP to UE4 but UE4 doesn't seem to be taking any data. OSC data monitor confirms that I have OSC data coming out of port 8000 from MAX and I've set the port to 8000 in the plugin settings in UE4 but I cannot get anything to print.

                Last edited by reedandrader; 10-12-2015, 02:15 PM.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by reedandrader View Post
                  Anyone have a quick dirty tutorial for this?

                  Using 4.8 and Windows 10

                  I'm trying to get OSC from MaxMSP to UE4 but UE4 doesn't seem to be taking any data. OSC data monitor confirms that I have OSC data coming out of port 8000 from MAX and I've set the port to 8000 in the plugin settings in UE4 but I cannot get anything to print.

                  Hey reedandrader, this is victor

                  A couple of things, look at the blueprint example I wrote few posts up... i think you need a switch with the the address you are sending from max and a pop string node coming from the data output of the osc node. Also you have to close the osc monitor app for UE4 to see the the data coming from max, for some reason, the data is not broadcasted to every program, at least in windows. Try that. If not shoot me an email, and maybe I can get it working for you... this plugin works really well indeed.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Hi,

                    Actually, you don't really need to add a switch and/or read the incoming data.
                    The setup you sent should work: it prints "Hello" for every received OSC message.

                    I'm concerned about the name of the received event though: "OnOscReceived_Copy" doesn't look right.
                    Remember you must either add a OscReceiverComponent to your actor or inherit OscReceiverActor (that one is easier to start with).
                    Then, you should have the OnOscReceived event in the nodes drop-down.
                    You cannot copy/paste it from somewhere else (or you must do additional work, binding the event, stuff like that)

                    I also back catalejo: no other application should listen the same port. (it is not a Windows thing)
                    In the editor, UE4-OSC listen the port at "play in the editor". At that moment, the port must be free.
                    Look at the logs, the plugin informs you if anything goes wrong.

                    If it doesn't work, try to change the port: maybe some application you don't know is bound to that one.


                    Good luck
                    Guillaume

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                      Hey reedandrader, this is victor

                      A couple of things, look at the blueprint example I wrote few posts up... i think you need a switch with the the address you are sending from max and a pop string node coming from the data output of the osc node. Also you have to close the osc monitor app for UE4 to see the the data coming from max, for some reason, the data is not broadcasted to every program, at least in windows. Try that. If not shoot me an email, and maybe I can get it working for you... this plugin works really well indeed.
                      Hi Victor! ::WAVES::

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by monsieurgustav View Post
                        Hi,

                        Actually, you don't really need to add a switch and/or read the incoming data.
                        The setup you sent should work: it prints "Hello" for every received OSC message.

                        I'm concerned about the name of the received event though: "OnOscReceived_Copy" doesn't look right.
                        Remember you must either add a OscReceiverComponent to your actor or inherit OscReceiverActor (that one is easier to start with).
                        Then, you should have the OnOscReceived event in the nodes drop-down.
                        You cannot copy/paste it from somewhere else (or you must do additional work, binding the event, stuff like that)

                        I also back catalejo: no other application should listen the same port. (it is not a Windows thing)
                        In the editor, UE4-OSC listen the port at "play in the editor". At that moment, the port must be free.
                        Look at the logs, the plugin informs you if anything goes wrong.

                        If it doesn't work, try to change the port: maybe some application you don't know is bound to that one.


                        Good luck
                        Guillaume
                        "OnOscReceived_Copy" was the problem. That and for the input port in UE4's OSC settings I had to put the entire ip address and the port to get osc data to come in.

                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Has anyone gotten this working as a standalone game? Only works in editor for me.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            anyone using this with 4.9?

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by reaganry View Post
                              anyone using this with 4.9?
                              Yeah, works just like 4.8 for me.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Hi

                                My idea is make two apps one that run on the pc and the other one in the handheld system (iOS or android) and both communicate bewteen each other through OSC

                                protocol.

                                I don´t have much experience nor knowledge in programming and the problem is that I´m not able to make those apps communicate. The only thing I was able to do was

                                use the touchosc app with the pc.

                                I´m sending some screeshots, maybe you can give me a hand with this.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Android_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1092982Click image for larger version

Name:	Android_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	1092983Click image for larger version

Name:	PC_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1092984Click image for larger version

Name:	PC_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	1092985Click image for larger version

Name:	PC_03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1092986

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X