Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Plugin] Leap Motion - Event Driven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Map: DesktopHelloWorld
    Left and Right hand movement are ok.

    Adding LeapMannequinMerged_Anim

    Right Hand move the arm Crossing middle body coordinate. 0 or 180 degrees.

    I'm going to read your recomandencaiones to get it. Thank you very much for your time and links. I really appreciate it
    Attached Files

    Comment


      Hi.
      Thank you for the plugin!

      I started this leap motion "journey" downloading the lastes vesion
      available:
      4.22 plugin. I'm having some problems finding the plugin in Unreal, I can see only "magic leap" plugin in the plugin setting, that is not leap motion plugin. I put the Plugin folder in my project folder and i did the lip motion tryal in leap motion control panel, everyting seems ok with it.

      I can't understand how to activate the plugin in Unreal.
      Thank you in advance.

      Comment


        Hey getnamo any news on supporting the Oculus Quest device?

        Comment


          Hi all - this might have been obvious to some, but certainly wasn't for me. When downloading any .7z module or plugin from GitHub, it is essential that you unzip the download with 7-zip: https://www.7-zip.org/ in order for everything to extract cleanly. Using WinZip, ALZip or other alternatives won't work properly.

          Comment


            Hi,

            I am trying to compile myself as my project is 4.19 (cannot upgrade for now) - managed to sort out the build.cs. Except for one c++ compilation error which is:-

            Code:
            ProducerLambdaFuture.Reset();
            The error was:-
            Code:
            class "TFuture<void>" has no member "Reset"
            Apparently UE4 4.19 doesn't have the member function Reset (maybe less advanced lol) so I just commented it. Is it okay?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Syed View Post
              Hi,

              I am trying to compile myself as my project is 4.19 (cannot upgrade for now) - managed to sort out the build.cs. Except for one c++ compilation error which is:-

              Code:
              ProducerLambdaFuture.Reset();
              The error was:-
              Code:
              class "TFuture<void>" has no member "Reset"
              Apparently UE4 4.19 doesn't have the member function Reset (maybe less advanced lol) so I just commented it. Is it okay?
              Should be ok, but with the caveat that it if you run your app without a leap motion service running it may be left hanging in the taskbar (it shouldn't but there is a risk for that particular case). That particular section is used to forcibly cleanup in the case of the leap service doesn't respond to polling (which is a v4 leap service bug we're working around).
              Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

              Comment


                Originally posted by Juangea View Post
                Hey getnamo any news on supporting the Oculus Quest device?
                That would depend on Leap Motion supporting the device. Best bet to track LM news would be https://www.leapmotion.com/news/
                Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SaraCarraro View Post
                  Hi.
                  Thank you for the plugin!

                  I started this leap motion "journey" downloading the lastes vesion
                  available:
                  4.22 plugin. I'm having some problems finding the plugin in Unreal, I can see only "magic leap" plugin in the plugin setting, that is not leap motion plugin. I put the Plugin folder in my project folder and i did the lip motion tryal in leap motion control panel, everyting seems ok with it.

                  I can't understand how to activate the plugin in Unreal.
                  Thank you in advance.

                  The engine plugin is disabled by default, but you should be able to enable it by going Edit->Plugins and then selecting the category Input Devices. In there you'll find the Leap Motion Plugin tick enable and restart your project to see it loaded up.



                  Optionally you can install it as a project plugin by getting the latest release from github e.g. https://github.com/leapmotion/LeapUn...ses/tag/v3.3.1 and extracting LeapMotion-v3.3.1-UE4.22.7z Plugins folder into your project root.
                  Last edited by getnamo; 07-28-2019, 03:25 PM.
                  Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X