Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Plugin] Leap Motion - Event Driven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello,

    I'm trying to get this plugin working with UE4 4.10 preview 2 and an Oculus DK2, but none of the Pawn Classes work and no hands are shown, except for the LeapEchoHandsRiggedCharacter where I only see the right hand appearing.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I found that the character is actually appearing but its placed behind and I can see it if I turn to look back while wearing the Oculus.
    Last edited by virtualHC; 10-31-2015, 01:39 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by hcenteno View Post
      Hello,

      I'm trying to get this plugin working with UE4 4.10 preview 2 and an Oculus DK2, but none of the Pawn Classes work and no hands are shown, except for the LeapEchoHandsRiggedCharacter where I only see the right hand appearing.

      Thanks!
      I don't support preview versions of the engine but you should find an update usually within 1-2 weeks of final release of an engine version.

      If you absolutely must have the newest version, then dig into the source yourself and recompile as you have the full source included with each plugin release. Some engine updates break previous compatibility and may need fixes (I'm looking at you 4.6...).
      Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

      Comment


        Originally posted by getnamo View Post
        I don't support preview versions of the engine but you should find an update usually within 1-2 weeks of final release of an engine version.

        If you absolutely must have the newest version, then dig into the source yourself and recompile as you have the full source included with each plugin release. Some engine updates break previous compatibility and may need fixes (I'm looking at you 4.6...).
        Thank you for your quick reply. I created a new project with UE 4.9.2 and I'm experiencing the same problem with the Rigged Character and the Passthrough Character, they both appear behind me in VR Preview. I can fix it by editing the Blueprints and displacing the mesh, but I just wanted to let you know that it didn't work out of the box for me.

        Comment


          Originally posted by hcenteno View Post
          Thank you for your quick reply. I created a new project with UE 4.9.2 and I'm experiencing the same problem with the Rigged Character and the Passthrough Character, they both appear behind me in VR Preview. I can fix it by editing the Blueprints and displacing the mesh, but I just wanted to let you know that it didn't work out of the box for me.

          Press 'R' to reset your hmd zero point, it should all line up then. (You can change this button bind in LeapBasicRiggedCharacter blueprint, its the parent of them all)
          Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

          Comment


            Hello,

            The plugin is really great, Thank You!

            im having problems with LeapPassthroughCharacter, it looks like if ipd would be off and also the warping, it is very uncomfortable to open both of my eyes, an illustration of how left hand looks when im holding it right in front of me:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Leap_hands_offset-example.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1092383

            I have tried 'R' to reset position, adding optimizeForHMD Blueprint (checking/unchecking the options), setting boolean - 'Leap Facing Mode is HMD' inside LeapAnimBodyConnectorWithPassthrough and changing Sprite location inside the Viewport, messing with 'LeapPassthroughPostProcess' Material values, but haven't found a way to influence the eye offset. What could be the problem?

            Using the latest plugin version 0.9.7, UE 4.9.2, Leap Software 2.3.1

            Comment


              Anyone have that error?
              LeapPluginLog:Warning: Warning! More than one (2) Leap Controller Component detected! Duplication of work and output may result (inefficiency warning).

              I am near sure i only have one leap controller component,
              pd: excuse my english.

              lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

              Comment


                Originally posted by janis View Post
                Hello,

                The plugin is really great, Thank You!

                im having problems with LeapPassthroughCharacter, it looks like if ipd would be off and also the warping, it is very uncomfortable to open both of my eyes, an illustration of how left hand looks when im holding it right in front of me:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]64102[/ATTACH]

                I have tried 'R' to reset position, adding optimizeForHMD Blueprint (checking/unchecking the options), setting boolean - 'Leap Facing Mode is HMD' inside LeapAnimBodyConnectorWithPassthrough and changing Sprite location inside the Viewport, messing with 'LeapPassthroughPostProcess' Material values, but haven't found a way to influence the eye offset. What could be the problem?

                Using the latest plugin version 0.9.7, UE 4.9.2, Leap Software 2.3.1
                What you've found is the subtle misalignment issue with the current passthrough. Though the IPD of the leap which is much smaller than a persons contributes somewhat to the weird setup, it is not the complete picture. I currently don't know exactly how to fix it and I'll be waiting for leap to give me some guidance on this before it will look 100% like Unity's, the image hands are tied to this as well since misalignments are much more clearly visible there, it's on the list of fixes

                Originally posted by knack View Post
                Anyone have that error?
                LeapPluginLog:Warning: Warning! More than one (2) Leap Controller Component detected! Duplication of work and output may result (inefficiency warning).

                I am near sure i only have one leap controller component,
                Whenever you work in the editor, it will spawn another component for the viewport and that will be called. Rest assured it won't have a double call when you use it in the packaged game or if you close your blueprints and hit play.
                Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

                Comment


                  ouch! yes if i close the bp message disappears. It was driving me crazy...
                  pd: excuse my english.

                  lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

                  Comment


                    Hello, Do you haveany update for Unreal 4.10.0? It shows this message:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 3.59.11 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1093362

                    In mean time I will revert to the 4.9.2

                    I am using OSX El Caitan 10.11.2

                    Comment


                      Hi getnamo;

                      Thanks so much for your plugin. Real amazing you've been able to provide UE support unofficially. Love the echo hands, so sculptural.

                      I've noticed that when using the collision characters, the tracking accuracy is much worse. Without collision, seems to function better. Is that just my subjective experience or have you noticed this as well?
                      vr and new media installations
                      www.samuelwalker.xyz

                      Comment


                        Hi guys!
                        Can someone build getnamo's plugin for 4.10? I have no idea how to take care of it and need it badly because of VR updates in 4.10 :/

                        Cheers,
                        j.a.
                        Last edited by Turbo Papok; 11-16-2015, 07:32 PM.

                        Comment


                          I try compiled but fail, since i recently install this new version and have other problems i don't known if its a module problem. anyone compiled this module with 4.10.0?
                          Last edited by knack; 11-16-2015, 10:15 PM.
                          pd: excuse my english.

                          lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

                          Comment


                            hello,
                            I have strange problem with the exe files on packaged Projects.
                            If I start the exe in the "<ProjectName>\WindowsNoEditor" folder nothing happens, the exe is active in the background (I can see in the taskmanager).
                            If I start the exe in the "<ProjectName>\WindowsNoEditor\<ProjectName>\Binaries\Win64" folder it starts properly.

                            Also I need to restart the PC before I am able to delete the exe in the "<ProjectName>\WindowsNoEditor" folder, because it's impossible to kill the process.

                            Is this a plugin problem or is there something that needs to be setup before the exe works properly?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by knack View Post
                              I try compiled but fail, since i recently install this new version and have other problems i don't known if its a module problem. anyone compiled this module with 4.10.0?
                              do you have a new leap plugin from somewhere? The latest plugin on this thread is for 4.9.2.

                              Comment


                                I'll get a 4.10 version compiled this weekend. There shouldn't be a need for code changes for 4.10 so you should be able to compile a version on your own if you want it earlier.
                                Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X