Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM5.bin missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM5.bin missing

    Hey pals,

    wanted to build my game but I constantly get this error. Googled a bit and the only solution I found was renaming my binary file from "UE4Game -Win64Shipping" to just "UE4Game" however the error is still not fixed. Anyone else able to provide insight on what might cause the problem ?

    I tried turning on/off DX11 / 10 OpenGL 3 and 4
    rebuilding my game all over again
    deleting all content and building it all over again just to check if its content related

    Also my machine is (if that matters)
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
    GTX 750
    8GB Ram
    Win 7 latest build
    Visual Studio Community latest build

    #2
    When and where do you get the error?
    How are you "building" your game, Is it via the "package" command?
    Do you looked at the the log file?

    HTH
    Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

    Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
    (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
    Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

    Comment


      #3
      Yeah I meant the package command, sorry if that was confusing. I tried looking at the logfile but I dont understand any of it. I get the error when I try to launch my game. with the .exe file

      Comment


        #4
        Have you tried disabling the pak compression (so you get all the cooked content in the directory plainly visible to explorer) and checking if the shaders file exists?
        There was another thread recently where the OP had the same issue, I will try to dig it up and see what the solution was.

        HTH
        Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

        Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
        (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
        Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

        Comment


          #5
          Nope didnt try that basicly left everything at default since it always worked for me. Will try it now but may take up to an hour

          Comment


            #6
            -------Update3-------

            Okay so if anyone else is struggleing with this ryan20fun is a ****ing genius, first of huge thanks bro.
            In packaging uncheck the pak compression - don't know why but this is essential. Then go to Windows settings and enable everything from DX11 to OpenGL3. Pack that and you should be good to go. Also check if your project name has any spaces or points in it's name. This may also cause the problem.
            Packing time goes through the roof but w/e it works !
            Last edited by Crunchy; 06-20-2016, 07:10 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Your welcome

              As a suggestion, Could you go through this thread where they talk about certain build settings for packaging where it apparently makes a difference.
              Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

              Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
              (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
              Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ryan20fun View Post
                Your welcome

                As a suggestion, Could you go through this thread where they talk about certain build settings for packaging where it apparently makes a difference.
                But i am getting this error when i try to build my project via Visual Studio too, but if i click the "cook content for windows button" in Unreal Engine (under File tab) Click image for larger version

Name:	cook content.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1109274 it starts cooking and when its done, go back Visual Studio and try to rebuild the solution. After building is done, it creates the exe in binaries. click the exe and it opens the project. I don't know if I am doing right but i didn't mess with any pak files as ryan mentioned. So Ryan if you explain this and clarify i will be grateful

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have not tried cooking the conent for windows and then running the binary in the project directory.
                  But have you tried using the "Package project" menu from the editor ?
                  That should be a good start as that handles the (re)compilation of the binaries and cooking the content.

                  HTH
                  Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

                  Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                  (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                  Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes I've tried to build using Package Project but i am also trying to build it to "Android". And the project that i am trying to build is too big (6-7 gb) so building from "Package Project" takes hours. Because of that i am using Visual Studio, because there is a software called "Incredibuild" and it works within VS 2015. It is a building /compiling software that makes your building time way too shorter (under 10-15 mins mostly) But it only works within VS , so in order to use it i need to build my projects via Visual Studio not within UE4 editor. that's why its a little complicated for me

                    And i know this is not the topic for it but have you ever tried to build a project for Android via Visual Studio ? it creates 3 files in your Unreal Projects/"Your Project"/Binaries/Android, like this:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekran Alıntısı android build.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1111285
                    Do you have any idea that how can i copy-and run this files in my android device ? copying and installing .apk file doesn't work. Do i need some tools or something ? or something to do with .so file ?

                    And if you will say that "you can deploy android via UE4 editor Package Project" i know i did it. But i have no idea how to do it via VS. And if you don't know the answer but if you can guide to me to right place it will also help because so far i haven't found anything related to this issue in the web.
                    Last edited by finwefeanor; 06-30-2016, 10:04 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by finwefeanor View Post
                      Yes I've tried to build using Package Project but i am also trying to build it to "Android". And the project that i am trying to build is too big (6-7 gb) so building from "Package Project" takes hours. Because of that i am using Visual Studio, because there is a software called "Incredibuild" and it works within VS 2015. It is a building /compiling software that makes your building time way too shorter (under 10-15 mins mostly) But it only works within VS , so in order to use it i need to build my projects via Visual Studio not within UE4 editor. that's why its a little complicated for me
                      Just a note, the rebuilding of the binaries may not be the slow part.
                      But if Incredibuild works, Good for you

                      Originally posted by finwefeanor View Post
                      And if you will say that "you can deploy android via UE4 editor Package Project" i know i did it. But i have no idea how to do it via VS. And if you don't know the answer but if you can guide to me to right place it will also help because so far i haven't found anything related to this issue in the web.
                      I recall reading a forum thread/Wiki/or doc entry that talks about the tool that UE uses to do the packaging(the name is probably in the log).
                      The tool has much more room for customising the packaging process.

                      I have not done anything for Android, So I cannot make any claims there.

                      Have you extracted the contents of the apk and checked to see if the shaders binary is there?
                      Or are you having a problem running the apk?
                      I read that you just have to use a file manager to install the apk, Have you tried googling around on how to do this?

                      HTH
                      Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

                      Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                      (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                      Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

                      Comment


                        #12
                        the tool that you didn't remember the name can be "Unreal Frontend" ? https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nrealFrontend/ ( if this is not the one, can you give me the link? )
                        one of the epic staff mentioned about it and gave me the link but i haven't looked at it detaily yet. But i will, because maybe the answer is there

                        yes I'm having problem running the apk, basically this is the situation. Because copying it and running / installing it won't work. Normally android builds contain two major file as far as i know: .apk file and .obb file. UE4 editor also does this if you build it from there - package project / android - Process is simple, you just copy the two files in your android device, place the .obb file in your obb folder in the device and then run the .apk file and it works. I'm using Es File Explorer in Android.

                        But VS build created 3 files: .target , .apk , .so file. I haven't found out any documents about them, what to do with them or how to install them in my phone. So I'm stuck right now. I will keep continue to read docs maybe i can solve this.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          That seams to be the tool.

                          I see NO reason why VS would do anything other then compile the code into binaries, UNLESS you are invoking a tool after the compilation has completed.


                          So, Let me get this straight:
                          telling UE to package the game takes hours (more then you want to spend doing this?) and that works?
                          So in order to save time packaging you want to use VS to do this instead?

                          The reason UE may be taking so long is that it is recompiling and recooking everything, There may be a setting to avoid that.
                          From my experiance, UE only cooks content that has not been cooked yet or has been modified.

                          HTH
                          Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

                          Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                          (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                          Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ryan20fun View Post
                            That seams to be the tool.

                            I see NO reason why VS would do anything other then compile the code into binaries, UNLESS you are invoking a tool after the compilation has completed.


                            So, Let me get this straight:
                            telling UE to package the game takes hours (more then you want to spend doing this?) and that works?
                            So in order to save time packaging you want to use VS to do this instead?

                            The reason UE may be taking so long is that it is recompiling and recooking everything, There may be a setting to avoid that.
                            From my experiance, UE only cooks content that has not been cooked yet or has been modified.

                            HTH
                            Hi Ryan, sorry for late response. Yes that's exactly what it is the situation. packaging with UE takes hours so i want to use VS to save time instead.

                            I'm not sure really, there are some options in Project Settings>Packaging like "cook only maps", I don't know if it is the thing to avoid cook everything i will try it.

                            But there must be really a way to run VS build. Because VS also builds same project for windows( if you choose win64) , also in binaries but you can run it. So far i haven't found anything related to this file extensions. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekran Alıntısı TPS.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1111761

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by finwefeanor View Post
                              Hi Ryan, sorry for late response. Yes that's exactly what it is the situation. packaging with UE takes hours so i want to use VS to save time instead.

                              I'm not sure really, there are some options in Project Settings>Packaging like "cook only maps", I don't know if it is the thing to avoid cook everything i will try it.

                              But there must be really a way to run VS build. Because VS also builds same project for windows( if you choose win64) , also in binaries but you can run it. So far i haven't found anything related to this file extensions. [ATTACH=CONFIG]101303[/ATTACH]
                              Have you looked at the log where UE packaged the game?
                              Could you upload it somewhere and provide a link to it?

                              I think you should determine what is taking the longest to run, And focus on that.
                              Is it the compilation of binaries or content?

                              I think you may need to use the front end tool to get the best out.

                              HTH

                              -Edit-
                              You will probably need a 3Rd party tool to generate the exta objects needed for Android build.
                              Last edited by ryan20fun; 07-09-2016, 12:25 PM.
                              Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

                              Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                              (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                              Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X