Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Autodesk's Revit for level creation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Autodesk's Revit for level creation??

Good morning guys,
    I was wondering if you guys would recommend using Revit to design and create an entire level for ue4?

I personally don't like using ue4's modelling system (using BSP and such) as it becomes CPU hungry after a while.

Thank you in advance

I'm guessing you can, all you need to do is be able to export to FBX, just note that you'll have to reposition your meshes in UE4

Comment

I'm guessing it would be wise to import the FBX into 3ds Max to setup the UV and what not before importing into the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by FullyH3ctic View Post
        I'm guessing it would be wise to import the FBX into 3ds Max to setup the UV and what not before importing into the engine?
        Absolutely!
        Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

I'm not sure if Revit has UV mapping tools, if not then yeah you'd need to export to another program to do that.

Comment

I had a look and Revit does not have a UV component, so what I did was export it as a FBX to 3ds max then messed around with texturing and UV then exported to UE. Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated.

Comment

Use UV layout for that
              Kevin
              Sorry for my English i'm Dutch

Comment

Working...
              X