Help with AnimMontage and states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with AnimMontage and states

I am trying to make a wall running and climbing animation. For that I need a root motion and animMontage and that is fine. And when that root motion is running, the states that stays on is Idle/Run.
    But when the root motion ends, the character starts to fall and it goes to the JumpLoop state. And that makes the character to plays for a second the Idle animation before going into the JumpLoop state and animation.

So, how can I create a new state that when the root motion starts, it goes to there? The problem is that I need to set up a play animation inside a state.

It would be nice if we could play an animMontage inside a state.
    BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
    PRO version can be bought on my site only.
    www.3dalex.com

Hi Alex3d,
    You could have a bool property "bIsPlayingRootMotion" and use that to force your state machine into a specific state?
    If it was specific to a given AnimMontage, you could also add some metadata to it (Notify or Curve) to force different root motion Montages into different states.
    Laurent "SenorZorro" Delayen
    Senior Gameplay Programmer
    Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent Delayen View Post
      Hi Alex3d,
      You could have a bool property "bIsPlayingRootMotion" and use that to force your state machine into a specific state?
      If it was specific to a given AnimMontage, you could also add some metadata to it (Notify or Curve) to force different root motion Montages into different states.
      Well, that is how I am doing right now, but the problem is that it always plays for a second, the animation that it is inside the actual state.

Like I said: It would be nice if we could play an animMontage inside a state. Or if we have a possibility to add an empty state. A state that does not play any animation.
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
      X