No announcement yet.

Rolling ball jumps on flat surface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fix for this is to enable ContactModification on BodyInstances.
    In the UE4 source, BodyInstance.cpp/BuildBodyFilterData() set bUseContactModification = true;
    (You can make this contingent on a UPROPERTY in PrimitiveComponents to make things more efficient, but the simplest fix is that one line.)
    I presume this assumes that the returned modified normals need to be corrected, even though you haven't actually changed them.
    I haven't dug into the PhysX source yet to see exactly what it does.

Steve McCrea
    Tech Director
    Armature Studio

Comment

Also having this issue, will try the suggested solutions and report back.

Comment

I had some success with placing a constraint in the BP with the root declared and nothing in the second component (this then seems to default to world.
        all constraints are set as free and I then put an linear motor speed zero on the z axis I set strength to 500
        This effectively dampens the vertical motion.. shame we have to do this tough

Paul G

Comment

Originally posted by Biggumzzz View Post
          4.22.0 shows a whole different BodySetup.cpp file now. It looks almost completely rewritten. Thankyou for giving out this vital information to fix this long lasting Physics Issue. I thought I'd never get an answer to this. But still working on it.. Right now I'm completely stuck on what to do and how to fix this for 4.22... I was hoping one of ya'll can help look into that. Hope you guys can get back to me on this ASAP. This is crazy news to see we found some files that we can edit back to 4.19's original state!
          Seems to have been rewritten in preparation for Chaos physics. That line of code can now be found in \Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PhysicsEngine\PhysicsGeometryPhysX.cpp. Setting that line back to the 4.19 version in there has worked for me.

Comment

same issu and the contact max offset don't change this problem ! pls help ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sly401 View Post
              I had some success with placing a constraint in the BP with the root declared and nothing in the second component (this then seems to default to world.
              all constraints are set as free and I then put an linear motor speed zero on the z axis I set strength to 500
              This effectively dampens the vertical motion.. shame we have to do this tough

Paul G
              Was this succes for 4.22? If so, could you specify? I am trying to fix the issue without compiling from source. If you have a workaround I will be grateful.
              Evolvation | HyperReuts

Comment

Originally posted by patrickolden View Post
                Also having this issue, will try the suggested solutions and report back.
                Do you have any luck.
                Evolvation | HyperReuts

Comment

Originally posted by ERuts View Post

Was this succes for 4.22? If so, could you specify? I am trying to fix the issue without compiling from source. If you have a workaround I will be grateful.
                  Sorry I have not yet tried 4.22

Paul G

Comment

Hey all,

I've put in a new bug for this as: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-74451

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Alex, good news at last
                      Paul G

Comment

Originally posted by Sly401 View Post

Sorry I have not yet tried 4.22

Paul G
                        K. That's a pity. I have filed an official bug report. (as seen in the link posted by Alex) Hope it gets solved within the official build.
                        Evolvation | HyperReuts

Comment

Working...
                        X