Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mirror material creation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    mirror material creation

    hey fast question, whats the best way to create a realistic mirror material, thanks in advance for any help

    #2
    Very easy, use a 2D render to texture and put that in the diffuse slot--since it's a mirror it doesn't need anything besides the reflection.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      Very easy, use a 2D render to texture and put that in the diffuse slot--since it's a mirror it doesn't need anything besides the reflection.
      okay forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a 2d render ?

      Comment


        #4
        You should check out Content Examples project. There is a sample of what you want to do in one of its levels.
        FREE Lightshow
        FREE VR Drum Kit Project

        FREE Color LUT Collection
        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
        Camera Crossfade

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Jacky View Post
          You should check out Content Examples project. There is a sample of what you want to do in one of its levels.
          jacky just looked even did a pretty big search online, what they have there in the content examples for the life of me i cannot get to reflect another mesh no matter what i do, i know this is stupidly simple and i have seen it referenced before just cannot remember where or how ? think it was in one of the hundreds of videos i watched.

          Comment


            #6
            There is a level called Reflections in Content Examples project. Open it and then head to 1.7.

            What you see there is a SceneCapture2D actor facing the direction you want reflected. Once you set it up, create a TextureRenderTarget2D in the content browser and insert it to SceneCapture2D's Texture Target. And then use that texture in the material of your mirror mesh. You can also see the material setup in that same project.
            FREE Lightshow
            FREE VR Drum Kit Project

            FREE Color LUT Collection
            FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
            FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
            Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
            Camera Crossfade

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jacky View Post
              There is a level called Reflections in Content Examples project. Open it and then head to 1.7.
              What you see there is a SceneCapture2D actor facing the direction you want reflected. Once you set it up, create a TextureRenderTarget2D in the content browser and insert it to SceneCapture2D's Texture Target. And then use that texture in the material of your mirror mesh. You can also see the material setup in that same project.
              Non of these examples are true realistic mirror. To make a real mirror you have to position camera to correct place, adjust camera near clip plane to mirror surface and capture that image.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by impc View Post
                Non of these examples are true realistic mirror. To make a real mirror you have to position camera to correct place, adjust camera near clip plane to mirror surface and capture that image.
                Yes, but that's what we have right now until Epic gives us a better solution.
                FREE Lightshow
                FREE VR Drum Kit Project

                FREE Color LUT Collection
                FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                Camera Crossfade

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by impc View Post
                  Non of these examples are true realistic mirror. To make a real mirror you have to position camera to correct place, adjust camera near clip plane to mirror surface and capture that image.
                  And you have access to the source code where you could setup exactly that. So your choices are at the moment 1. Implement it yourself (and hopefully share with the community). or 2. Wait.
                  FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
                  TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

                  Comment


                    #10
                    SEE THIS DROP BOX FINAL
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post120163

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X