Little noob question involving Landscape editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little noob question involving Landscape editor

Hey guys,I've learned everything about games development in cryengine,books and maya.I'd migrated to the Unreal some time ago and I need constantly help to learn some techniques and all the stuff.

So,I was trying to put a desert material in the map - that I created in Maya - but when I putted in the Unreal (with the Landscape editor) this happened.

You can see here that the material was divided in a lot of squares,it's not homogeneous.So,I would like to know how I figure out it?

PS.: The question looks like foolish and I prefer your anwers(to understand better) than the Documents,Wiki or something like that produced/made by Epic.

http://postimg.org/image/krnkwj71r/ (same image)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Booblue71; 06-03-2015, 06:44 PM.

I think that error can be fixed simply by rebuilding your lighting if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

^^ You should try to rebuild your lighting and see if that work. I had that issue when I first tried out the landscape tool.
      Check out my website! http://VisualizeEdits.com/

Currently in college for 3D Animations. <3

Comment

I think that error can be fixed simply by rebuilding your lighting if I'm not mistaken.
        Originally posted by VisualizeEdits View Post
        ^^ You should try to rebuild your lighting and see if that work. I had that issue when I first tried out the landscape tool.
        I made it that three times ( haha) and it's not solved yet....

Comment

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your material that you are using?
          Would be helpful to see how you have it set up!

Comment

Originally posted by Booblue71 View Post
            I made it that three times ( haha) and it's not solved yet....
            Add a lightmass importance volume which covers the landscape - set the light build quality to something higher - try it again

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
              Add a lightmass importance volume which covers the landscape - set the light build quality to something higher - try it again
              I already made that and nothing happened

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your material that you are using?
              Would be helpful to see how you have it set up!
              Ok,I can do that.

You can see there(in the cube) two different colors!
              I used crazybump to do the texture.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Booblue71; 06-06-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

your landscape looks like that because you not using a tileable texture.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
                  your landscape looks like that because you not using a tileable texture.
                  Oh man, I don't believe that I forgot to do this I will do this tomorrow...

Comment

Bingo!
                    A picture says a thousand words

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                      Bingo!
                      A picture says a thousand words
                      It's absolutely true! HAHA!
                      Was the problem.I make it a tileable texture and after I applied I saw the same problem but the squares were higher and when I compiled the light all solved.So,thanks to all.Each one of you helped me a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X