Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nevermind... had to create a UV map

Comment

Also, UE4 now builds the light map UV's on import, open up all the settings and make sure the tick box is ticked.

Comment

Or conversely you could just use the Blender/UE Tools available for free over in the user content section of the forum and bypass all of this work. It has an entire Blender scene with the UE4 4.8 mannequin, with a full rig which can be animated and those animations can be retargeted for the official mannequin. I'm sorry but this is all old info for old versions of Blender. A simple search through the forums would have negated the need for this post all together.

Comment

This was written before 2.75 came out, some of my requested bug fixes are the reason 2.75 no longer needs these workarounds, if you looked at the title of the post you'd see it specifically mentions 2.73 and early 2.74 builds.

It is true most of the jumping through hoops is now gone with 2.75 you can have no units and not set any scales and most stuff works fine now.

Comment

Blender UE Tools was first introduced April 2014 I believe that predates any of the versions you have listed actually, so you could have done a search and solved all your problems with one download. There is, however, a line of code that needs to be commented out in Blender to avoid the extra 'root bone' issues. Otherwise, as I said, UE Tools is an excellent plugin and it works pretty much flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyrosenyc View Post
              Blender UE Tools was first introduced April 2014 I believe that predates any of the versions you have listed actually, so you could have done a search and solved all your problems with one download. There is, however, a line of code that needs to be commented out in Blender to avoid the extra 'root bone' issues. Otherwise, as I said, UE Tools is an excellent plugin and it works pretty much flawlessly.
              I haven't tried these tools yet (I'm not on my main workstation atm), but does it work with custom rigs (biped/quadruped/anything)?

Comment

Working...
              X